z

Young Writers Society

My Dream...

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:07 pm
View Likes
TemptingDreams says...

Its weird...At times I want to be noticed, I want to be seen..And at times I want to simply run away and hide.
My dream consists of writing...I have always had the dream of being an Author. Thing is, its very hard to succeed in writing. I mean, think. There are about 7 Billion people living on this Earth today, how many of those people would want to be writers? Lets admit it here..Writing is a way to express yourself; how you feel, whats going on, and just general happiness it gives. I find that when I write I simply write on and on and on and on....Well, you get it by now. Its goes over me..Okay, back to the Analogy. A good percentage of them would want to be Writers...Big Competition.
My Dream is still writing, but it changed in career choice. If you know me, you know that I am a nerd for Politics, I just love it...I love learning about new people, cultures, and the Law..I would want to be a Lawyer...At the moment I am stressing over exams as being a Lawyer requires good Grades..which are not always the case for me..
So yeah. Sorry if I rambled a bit...But there you go. My Dream.
TemptingDreams..

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:43 am
View Likes
BaByLa1989 says...

i love to express my self in writing but sometimes finding the right words just seem so hard. i would prefer to be an Artist than an Author because it is an easier form of expressing my thought and my emotions and my ideas and my creativity.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.
Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice"

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:35 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

The thing is, you can't stay in bed forever. If you did you'd dehydrate or starve or get deep vein thrombosis, I think that's what it's called. You have to get out of bed or you'll die.

I know we're talking about different types of dream here, but it's the same principle. You need a career to get money and money to eat, otherwise you die.

It's good to have a career separate from writing, otherwise it's the same principle as sitting in bed all day, it's not good for you.

Also, writing as a career takes much more skill than people realise. The stress of *having* to write is a real passion killer, like giving a toy to a child and saying 'if your game isn't good enough you won't get your dinner.'
We were born to be amazing.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:00 am
View Likes
EmmVeePi says...

Random fact. In America you're odds are mathmatically better of playing basketball proffesionally in the NBA than they are of being a full time fiction author. Granted there are many more published authors than NBA players but most are non-fic and/or writing is a side income.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:47 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

Ooh I love statistics.
The chances of a first time author getting a book published and having it be successful enough to cover it's own publishing cost is a 99.982% failure rate.
We were born to be amazing.

44 Reviews

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:46 pm
View Likes
EmmVeePi says...

The average age of a first time published author is 36 and the most common age of a first time published author is 37.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:07 pm
View Likes
MagnusBane says...

58% of the adult population in the US never reads another book after high school

So even if you managed to get something published, how many people are going to read it? This is just kind of depressing!
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:41 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

^ That statistic right there explains why the datable population is so low.

Dreams are good to have. You also don't have to write fiction to be a writer; you can do journalism, ad copywriting, and a bunch of other fields. But once you have that dream, commit to it. Downscaling your dream means settling for second best. Yes, not a lot of people make it as authors, but you can still have the dream of being an author while still holding a day job.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

44 Reviews

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:57 am
View Likes
EmmVeePi says...

^ on that there is an old folk saying "aim small: miss small" is what it means is dont try for less than your dream. If u try for your greatest aspiration and come up a lil short thats okay. If u dont even bother going for what you really want there is no chance of you being satisfied.

Reviews: 0
Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:10 pm
onlyIdream says...

Well I never see stats as an obsatcle for achieving anything if you dedicate yourself to something and love it it makes it all worth it . I never always wanted to be a writer and thats not because I didnt like writing I simly was trying to find my place in the world how I wanted people to see me . I write and read all the time at my young age I don't expect to be published I just want to improve on my craft . When its all said and done I want to be cosidered one of the greatests writers ever thats my goal in life and Im all in. All aspiring writers you have to find weather you are too and if not explore other things to do with your life because you might like them better that my advice .

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:53 am
View Likes
Master_Yoda says...

Dreams are awesome and you should never give up on them, but they should not deter you from waking up and living in the real world until you're in a position to make them come true.
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest