z

Young Writers Society

Story Order and MC Deaths

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:38 am
noninjaes says...

I've got this idea for a story and scenes written down here and there, though the thing is, the idea feels lie it should be in three books, and that writing the last book first is what I'm planing to do because the last book includes a lot of detail about the happenings in the first two books (The MC lost her memory and slowly regains it in the story.).
Also, In the first two books, two of the three MCs are to die.
Is this an acceptable practice?
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:37 pm
Rosendorn says...

The super short answer:
"Acceptable practice" in the actual act of writing is anything that gets the book written.

"Acceptable practice" in the plot is anything you can make work/get away with.

Good luck!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:29 am
Tenyo says...

I wouldn't recommend it, mainly because you're probably going to change your mind about the ending twenty three times before you reach it, and if you write the third book first then you'll feel obliged to conform to it. Plots progress naturally. Just keep hold of your ideas for the third book, and use them as an end goal to keep you ploughing through the first and second.

If your third book includes most of the details of the first and second, have you considered just having one lengthy book instead of dividing it over a trilogy.

Just my opinion though. Rosey's advice sounds cooler.
We were born to be amazing.

"If I see an American in real life or a kiwi in a blockbuster, it feels surreal and weird, and like a funny trip."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi