Young Writers Society

The people should review every work they read

Reviews: 4

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:42 am
View Likes
Skylar16 says...

I do then I would have more reviews on my work and not feel like a lonely writer.... Q_Q
When people ask me, why are you so weird, I never know what to say. Then I think, why should I be like this when I can be like ttthhhiiiisss?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:37 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

It's difficult to say yes or no to that. While it'd be nice it it happened, some members are just reading for fun, and reviewing a piece can ruin it. :P
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:04 pm
View Likes
borntobeawriter says...

And sometimes, they can't find anything productive to say. Instead of writing "Great job, keep going!" They keep it blank.

Can't say I blame them, because although the reviewer might be sincere, I'm not sure I would believe such a comment/review. But when the review really needs work, I agree that once read, it should be reviewed :D

Tanya

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:39 pm
View Likes
Jennya says...

I would disagree, since its sometimes hard to review certain works. Sometimes works are just so good all I can do is click like, although I am guilty of avoiding novels due to the sheer size of some of the works. We should get some extra points for reviewing novels.
Stay gold, Ponyboy - S.E. Hinton

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:58 pm
Angel of Death says...

Definitely can't say no to this question. I think people should review everything that they read; especially if they they think a work is too good to be critiqued. Sometimes writers need to hear the good and the bad and just leaving a review explaining what you liked about their writing would make their day.
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
— Winston Churchill