z

Young Writers Society

My Summer Writing Challenge. Please help out

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:07 pm
Dragonette says...

Hey guys! :D One of my goals this summer is to write a short story every week, and I need your help!

I used to brag that my imagination was so great that I could come up with a good story plot out of just three words, and now I'd like to test that theory. So I'm gonna ask for one person to give me a three word plot a week, and I'll do my best to write a short story in a week using those three words. Now anyone can give me the words, and they can be any random words that you chose (within appropriate limits of course). I will except words only once a week, on Saturday (or Sunday for you Australians ;)), and I can only do one story a week, so only one set of words that day. If you have a good set of three words that you'd like to try out, but someone has already given a set of words for that week, you can come back next week to post them. So only one request per week.

If all goes well, I will have the story written and posted by Friday the following week, and then start over Saturday with a new set of words. The actual story will not be posted here, in this topic, I will have it in it's appropriate forum, but I will give you a link here.

So, that's my Summer writing challenge! :D Are you guys willing to help?
Last edited by Dragonette on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:30 pm
kjr5horses says...

Horse
Ring
Stranger
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

30 Reviews

Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:14 am
Dragonette says...

Thank you! Oooooh, these words sound like they'd make a great story :D I'll get started!

30 Reviews

Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:28 pm
Dragonette says...

Alright guys, so notice that my post says "if all goes well, I will have the story written and posted by Friday", well obviously all did not go well :( I've just been so darn busy! So, I guess I can't take any words today, because I haven't finished my first story. But I'm going to try this week! (which might be difficult since it's 4th of July week).
Before I sigh off, I have one more excuse: I can't write short stories! I'm so used to writing novels and it's hard! I keep wanting to add to much detail. But I wont give up!

So, sorry about the delay 5horses, I will get it written and posted as soon as possible.

~Dragonette

Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux (One must imagine Sisyphus happy).
— Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus