z

Young Writers Society

UNMASK.

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:46 pm
View Likes
threm. says...

So I have this 'novel' I've been working on since last year; I think October. And often, writer's block seems to love me so much that I'm still stuck at 17,000+ words. I mean come on, I seriously need help.

The characters:

Summer Sparks- Thought she was a mortal. That's all I could say. Okay, she's half-angel. :)

Joseph Fort- Half- demon. Needs to kill an angel to be fully immortal. An angel that has been a part of his life. Which is Summer, obviously.

Ashley Fremont- another half-demon. The other side of the love square. You'll hate her, swear.

Pete Benson- the other side of the love square. There's more to him than his geeky appearance.

Victoria Peters, Icea ... , Ezra Peters. and others that I haven't written yet. :)

So yeah, basically full of magic, mystery and false choices.

Let me know what you think, PLEASE.

-threm.
"Don't judge me based on my works, so I won't judge you based on yours"

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:36 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

I think you should post the first chapter in the Fantasy Forum. We have nothing to go on here by the vague descriptions you supplied us about the chars. As such, from the minnute descriptions of them, your chars seem underdeveloped, which will eventually induce any writer into the Block. If they're not interesting, you will be bored at some point.

Also, it could just be plot is weak.

There are many factors to why you keep getting Writer's Block.

I suggest to just post your story, and start gaining opinions. Then you'll know where you stand.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:42 pm
Rosendorn says...

I agree with Sam G there ^ Unless we know more about the plot, characters ect we can't really help.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:45 pm
View Likes
tori1234 says...

Yep, post the first chapter! I sounds very interesting, normally I do not like fantasy stuff (except Harry Potter) but this sounds pretty good!

If you want some help with writer's block, you can always PM me and I'd be glad to help!

Keep writing!

God Bless!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:11 am
LowKey says...

I can't judge if your characters are undeveloped or not, because of the brief descriptions. I can tell you that the bit of plot you provided (half-demon needs to kill the angel for immortality) is definitely something' I've not read of before. Sounds like a truly interesting new read, and I'd love to see the first chapter, if you're in the mood to post it. Who knows? The reviews you get just might spark an idea or two for you and cure your writer's block. And if you have people waiting for the next installment, well, you might think you'd not do well under that kind of pressure, but it's strangely different from normal pressure. Worked for me, anyway, and I don't tend to do well under pressure.

But yes. Give us the first chapter, maybe give us a couple questions at the beginning or end as to what we think of such-and-such or blah-blah-blah, and what we think should happen next. Reviewers tend to be pretty good about answering them. ^_^
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

"What is a poet? An unhappy person who hides deep anguish in his heart, but whose lips are so formed that when the sigh and cry pass through them, it sounds like lovely music."
— Søren Kierkegaard, Philosopher & Theologian