z

Young Writers Society

The Queen of Writers Block

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:57 pm
Monki says...

1. Poptart

I don't want to say that I've completely given up on Poptart, but I've been tempted to, I'll admit that much. I think that I've been so intent on not giving up on it because... it's one of the last things I have that remind me of everyone from last year (in middle school) and the great teachers that I had that have now turned into friends/second mothers to me. Yes, that would be Dolly and Mandy, whether they realize it or not.

But, anyway, I'm not saying that I give up on it. I'm just saying that I think it would be okay if I just set it aside, put it away for while, not force myself to concentrate on that when it's not what I really want to write, and I know it.

The characters are... well, pretty unflawed. And that's obviously not a good thing. The plot... has holes. Many of them. And I have problems. Many. One main problem being that I don't know where the Hell I'm going with this book. Really, no clue, and I didn't have a clue last year either.

2. [s]Gay Is My Ex[/s]

I began writing this last year as well. (I got all of my good ideas last year, dammit!) Not to toot my own horn, but I absolutely loved my prologue. :] It's somewhere here on YWS, I believe, unless I had it deleted or something. But, I'm not pointing out a link for you. If you're that interested in it, go find it, or PM me. Maybe I'll give it to you. Depends who's asking. xD

But I definitely need to re-title it, hence, the strike-through thing. Ick. Sounds so juvenile.

3. [left untitled because I just started it today and haven't written enough to title it yet]

So, I started this one today. It was inspired by a big fight I had with my best, best, best friend/almost sister and a song called Dead and Gone by T.I. featuring Justin Timberlake. The prologue is completely true. But, that's really all I have written at the moment: the prologue. And, tooting my own horn again, I think the general idea of it is pretty damn awesome. I'm not sure where I'm going with this one either, but I think that was my major screw up with Poptart: I didn't have any idea whatsoever what I was doing with it. I'm going to try outlining it first. Or, at least the first few chapters, and then go from there. I'll put a synopsis of it here and on my blog once I have this figured out. I'm really excited about it.

I'm hoping this signifies the ending of my Writers Block, once and for all. (Well, at least for the time being.)

<3 Mel
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

Reviews: 0
Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:22 pm
in_a_blue_moon says...

I honestly think that a good idea for Poptart is to just for a day, think about it. Think to yourself, "Okay, where doed this look like it's heading?" And once that idea pops into your head, write it down. Then, make a plot twist or two, one that fills up the hole between middle and end. And all the other holes, too, once you think about it, can be made into shocking twists, if you just think about it. So after you do that, you've got an instant bestseller, buddy!

Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief