z

Young Writers Society

The Rift Progress update

Reviews: 4
Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:52 am
danster724 says...

I doubt anyone is gonna remember when i announced my work on a novel entitled "The Rift" a few months ago. I started writing it during Nanowrimo (which I won by the way) and after that I continued to work on the novel adding to the 50,000 words I had written. For those of you unfamiliar with the story concept I give you the once over (in lamence terms).
In the beginning of the story, the sun goes supernova and the earth is sucked into a black hole (explained much more scientifically in my book I assure you) Ben, a sixteen year old guy, is the main protagonist of the story however the book also follows the stories of several other people whom he meets up with later. The story involves a lot of interweaving fates and destiny type stuff. Anyway. The space tiime continuum had to create a place in which to place all of the mattersucked in by black holes so an alternate dimension called The Rift was born. The rift is a seperate frame of reality in which all planets sucked up by black holes have molded together into one giant planet called Euretha.
Euretha is a place full of hundreds of different cultures from all over the universe co-existing in one world. Ben lost his entire family during the time when the Earth was reforming as part of Euretha, in fact the incident wiped out a large portion of the human race. Ben began to learn to adjust to his new life in a different world but he had no one else in the universe to look after him. Then he met Steph. Steph is a girl from another planet who but some incredible twist of fate crossed paths with Ben in a rather strange way.
Steph informs Ben about the impending doom of the universe. You see The Core (Euretha's onlt star) is dying and in less than a year it will go supernova and suck the entire universe into it's black hole and thus destroy existence itself. Steph and Ben go on a mission to save the universe via a small lead that Steph got from her now dead adopted father (long story). So how can you stop a star from exploding? How will Ben and Steph be able to overcome to surmounting odds against them? And most of all, why does Dominic (the head government official and secretly evil dictator) want to do everything in his power to make sure that the universe is destroyed?
I don't want to reveal anymore about it but I can tell you that so far it's an action packed story with everything you could want. Adventure, Mystery, Interesting science fiction, humor and of course love.
It's a work in progress to be completed before November of 2009. Sorry for boring you with this but I just needed to tell someone about it because I'm having so much fun with it and I just love the story myself. Anyway cheers.
"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible."

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:12 pm
Krupp says...

It sounds excellent. Pm me when you post it on here.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Reviews: 4
Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:16 am
danster724 says...

I won't be posting the entire thing on the forums, just snipits but thanks for the support. If you want I could send you persnally a copy of the second draft so I can get your opinion before cutting the final draft?
"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible."

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:21 pm
Krupp says...

Sure thing. Whatever you want to do.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:55 am
Jay says...

The cute and cuddly: This sounds well-planned out and entertaining. A young teenage reader will be much more interested in Ben and Steph, as the characters, than the black holes, The Core, matter, space-time continuum elements. (Of course, I'm speaking for myself here). This definitely didn't bore me-it sounds so promising.

The ugly and spiky: Euretha sounds too close to 'urethra'. You should really change it.
Also, if Steph's from another planet should she really have an English name? Or is it short for something other than Stephanie?

Maybe I should say something quote-worthy, like, I dunno... "You can only be happy if you decide to be happy?"
— Necromancer14