Young Writers Society

Omni-Fate:Destruction, art thou saviour

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:29 pm
Monument Soul says...

Omni-Fate:Destruction, art thou saviour

yo!
I'm writing an extensively meta-physical-epic I've been working on since the 5th grade (I'm in 11th now)

on top of the complex universe I've concieved I've also brought about a cast of well rounded characters..

I also have a skilled art director (aka girlfriend)

the plot circles around saving the universe by destroying it... hence the name...

I've been clarifying this ever since I came up with the concept.

Random avatar

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:26 am
Monument Soul says...

ummm I don't know about how I can convey this to those reading this thread what my novel is going to be like..

so I'm going to have to have everyone ask me a question... :)

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:42 am
Sureal says...

How did you possibly concieve of a metaphysical epic in only the 5th grade? 0_0
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:04 am
Monument Soul says...

Sureal wrote:How did you possibly concieve of a metaphysical epic in only the 5th grade? 0_0

It was relatively simple at the time...

I had an idea I thought would be cool for a story...

I was tired of the whole hero saves the world cliche'

so I decided to make a story about a hero who destroys the world( to save it...in a way)

that was what I wanted to do... and from then on I've done nothing but elaborate on that basic plot and turned it into my production of a lifetime...

from that plot

I made a reason

I made someone unbelievable yet more realistic than most the main character(the destroyer)

obviously the world will be destroyed... but the major epic takes place within the creation and the destruction of this amazing world I've constructed over the years .

I've come up with so many ideas

I'v applied so many details.

I made all of the appropriate characters

not to mention a story by someone with diffrent perspective than most fantasy writers.

i had to make a world so different so close to ours...

if anything I was naive to the point that I was thinking I could become the next George Lucas(without ruining my own creation after wards with subquential prequals)

Random avatar

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:17 am
Monument Soul says...

for instance here is a piece of the prologue

this will show what I've ended up with from that simple idea I had six years ago

[Existence

The world was born from Omniessence, the essence of everything…living yet inanimate, only as real physically is it could be perceived mentally ,it was everywhere, because it was everything, because everywhere was it. It began where it ended and continued where it stopped.

It gave birth to the universe through a collective coordination of its sub-essences. Mana was the physical sub-essence and made the physical aspects-which is the body of the world, while Saea was the meta-physical sub-essence and brought about the more complex elements and combined with mana-which was the breathe of the world. This brought nature and first life.

The first life forms were monsters and spirits.
Spirits formed their organizations and made their own societies.

Certain strains of monsters evolved into a new and intelligent race, Demons, who formed their own civilizations.

Spirits, monsters, and demons lived peacefully separate in their own parts of the world.

Then the Phantoms appeared, …No living being had any past knowledge of their existence…With no known origins or any idea of how they could even come to be these abominations could’ve been completely new, as old as the world, or maybe even older…They were neither living nor dead, they barely existed. In a way they were living forms of anti-matter …Their insides were anti cores-portals to oblivion. Their bodies consisted of the twisted fragments of the world around them…they warped everything they touched and all the matter and energy they consumed was lost from existence. Their existence was blasphemy against logic, sanity, purpose and the universe itself.

With the knowledge of the existence of phantoms came the realization of the chaos and unrest they wrought upon the world and the universe.

The nature of the phantoms made it difficult to combat them.

Demons, Spirits, and the few monsters wise enough to reason out a way to save existence came together on one major effort…

In an act very crucial to everything that was and was to ever be…

They needed to create an opposing nature to combat the negative subsistence of phantoms.

With a complete balance in mana and saea paralleled only by the Omniessence itself, a combination of flesh/blood and spiritual being…..humans were born, a completely intelligent and procreating being with that one thing that counteracted the phantom anti-core…a soul.

The Soul is a materialized entity consisting of both Mana and Saea and so is in a way part of the Omniessence.
The aspect of the human soul that makes it so effective against the negative forces of the Phantasma was the *Soul Arm* or special powers and weaponry born from contents of each individuals soul that channeled the positive force of the Omniessence.
This was the gift of man as man was a gift to existence.]

that's part one of my 5 part prologue...

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:09 am
Krupp says...

It sounds like a decent start. And the fact that you've been slaving over it for all these years certainly helps. I myself have never been able to write a conceptual idea or theme into a story too well, mainly because I'm usually torn between faith and complete chaos.

Make sure that when you've actually got stuff written down that you post it in the Advanced Critiques section. I'd be very interested in reading this. It might just inspire me to write something conceptual of my own some day.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Random avatar

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:08 am
Monument Soul says...

Krupp wrote:It sounds like a decent start. And the fact that you've been slaving over it for all these years certainly helps. I myself have never been able to write a conceptual idea or theme into a story too well, mainly because I'm usually torn between faith and complete chaos.

Make sure that when you've actually got stuff written down that you post it in the Advanced Critiques section. I'd be very interested in reading this. It might just inspire me to write something conceptual of my own some day.

Yeah, I'll see what I can do...I guess one more rewriting wouldn't hurt...it's been re-iterated so many times...I lost count around my last birthday...

Reviews: 4
Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:16 pm
danster724 says...

Using a conceptual science fiction theory and merging it with a fantasy world filled with vrious magical creautres is just bizzare enough to work. Keep at it and tell us when you're done so we can check it out.
"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible."

A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases...
— John Keats