z

Young Writers Society

A.I.R.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:55 pm
Amaryllis says...

I finally have an idea for a new novel, which makes me quite happy. :) I tried NaNo this year and stopped halfway through because I was too busy, and that story didn't get anywhere. But this story is, and I'm really quite pleased with it. And I have time on break to work on it, which is nice.
It's about a modern world quite similar to nowadays, maybe a few years into the future, and something has come about that has totally changed the carefully pieced together world of my MC, Vi McAdler. An aweinspiring surgery called A.I.R. has come about, and it is the first successful procedure ever to give humans wings. At least, that's what the scientists and the government says, and nearly everyone is swept up in the new euphoria A.I.R. has brought about. Everyone except Vi. There's something about the people who have gone through AIR that has piqued Vi's senses, and there's something not quite right. She's always been suspiscious of things like this, especially due to certain events in her past. So when her best friend gets caught up in the obsession with AIR and rushes off to get wings, Vi is horrified and tries everything to prevent her from doing so. Vi then falls into a web of conspiracy more elaborate than she could have imagined, AIR being only the beginning of it.

I'm thinking that AIR is going to be a series, because I don't think I can resolve the conflicts I've planned out for the general span of the thing in just one book. I'm working on the first book now, about 3 chapters into it. I might post some snippets on YWS once I get it typed, but I haven't had much time to do that yet.

More updates coming soon!

Ryllie
"It's my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:39 pm
.White.Poem. says...

That sounds like an interesting story to me. You really made me curious about the conspiracies and, perhaps stupidly enough, what those wings look like. xD

If you ever post a snippet of your story, please let me know and I'll review it for you! :)

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:22 pm
Amaryllis says...

I'm probably going to get around to posting my story eventually, I started typing it up yesterday actually. I'm going to have to take it off here by March though because I'm submitting it for a contest then.

Haha, about the wings...they come in any shade of pastel and they're all feathery, like bird wings.
"It's my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Live your life how you want, but don't confuse drama with happiness.
— Ron, Parks & Rec