z

Young Writers Society

New idea

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:52 pm
KailaMarie says...

Let me know if this idea seems interesting, or origional... I'm not sure what I want to do with it.

Basically it's about this phone that does pretty much everything, plus it's completely hand free when you're talking on it; you just put it up to your ear and it stays there for the length of the call. Everyone wants it but after you talk on it for three hours total, they seem to stop working. Then the next day you become really sick, with flu like symptoms. Then you are better for a few days... but a couple days after that, strange things begin to happen... you end up getting powers. The phone like mutates a part of the brain and makes people have like super powers. Different for each person. It mostly only shows up in teenagers though because its more susceptible to younger people. ...I'm not exactly sure what's going to happen after that, but I have vague ideas. Does this premise seem like its been done before, or is that interesting?
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:25 am
Krupp says...

It reminds me of Stephen King's CELL, but that's only because that has to do with cellphones..heh.

Give it a try writing-wise, and see what comes out. Worse comes to worse you get rid of it or a few parts of it and start anew.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Reviews: 1
Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:10 pm
annawrites says...

I like this idea a lot. Very original, and with definite possibilities for a good plotline. Is it futuristic, or present-day, or something else? I'd be interested to see where you go with this.

108 Reviews

Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:19 pm
KailaMarie says...

I was thinking mostly present day. I might do futuristic, but there would be a LOT more planning involved, and I don't know what else I would come up with for other gadgets.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:45 pm
niccy_v says...

Hm sounds good. I would read :) most certainly.

But do try and write it. And when/if you finish, and hate it, go back, edit hard, change this and that, and voila you'll be fine.

It's original - i've never heard of that before! What POV do you think you'll take? A sort of narrator or first person narrative that changes with each different person?
Writing gives my life purpose

108 Reviews

Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:52 pm
KailaMarie says...

I was thinking actually just sticking to one girl's perspective, but I might have to have a narator for a couple parts... I do like this idea a lot. I'm excitd to start writing it, but I'm so busy lately! hmmph.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:30 pm
fading-dream says...

This does sound like it would be very interesting. Hope you actually write it, though I do have one question. What if a baby were to accidentally get one of these phones and accidentally turn it on? Since babies are extremely susceptible, would the baby get this ultimate super power?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:01 am
Ole says...

Your overview seems quite intriguing. Though, when I read it, I felt it say "Heroes" in a soft kind of voice :X But I can see the theory behind cellphones and then affecting the brain ^^;

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:46 pm
EmmVeePi says...

A little cheap romance is always good for a half million sales or so, well not quite but you get the point, people are suckers for love.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:58 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

It sounds interesting. I would try to make the superpowers "unique" so to speak...just don't make it the cliche superhero story stuff. Which I'm sure you won't do of course :D

But yeah, the cell phone idea is very original. Though the whole "teenagers are susceptible" thing could be a little rocky because the elderly and babies are "susceptible" too. What about saying it has something to do with raging hormones? :P Teens are the only age group where their hormones are out of control lol

Good luck on writing it! I was wondering if my plot was any good as well (writers corner - Good plot outline?) haha

I would def read it.
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

108 Reviews

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:55 pm
KailaMarie says...

Thanks for the comments and advice everyone!

Though the whole "teenagers are susceptible" thing could be a little rocky because the elderly and babies are "susceptible" too.

What if a baby were to accidentally get one of these phones and accidentally turn it on? Since babies are extremely susceptible, would the baby get this ultimate super power?

Not to give anything away or anything, but I was actually planning on working with that idea! Haha. Shh!

the world (me) cries out for salvation (snacks)
— creaturefeature