z

Young Writers Society

New Idea

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:01 pm
Krupp says...

I have a bad habit of trying to come up with too many stories at one time. Right now I'm working on two different novels at the same time, but both are coming along nicely. But now I've got another idea for a new novel that I'll no doubt start writing before the end of this week...

So I wanted to know if this sounds like an idea worth pursuing, or if it's an idea that's been done to death. The Protagonist wakes up in a world that is seemingly parallel to his own. The world is destroyed and decaying around him, and he is desperate to escape the depressing world and get back to his own. He finds out through speaking with the regulars (the citizens of the world) that he has to seek out a mysterious character named Maynard Drensfold, who tells him what he should really know about the world he is trapped in; Drensfold also tells him how he got there, and why he is there. The Protagonist eventually learns that his struggle is one that is created as a bet between God and Beelzebulb, very much like a Modern Job. I won't be giving much else of the plot away; I'm really trying to make this one a twister instead of the last few novels I've written where there's no real twists to speak of.

Well? Is it worth trying?
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:48 pm
Face Engine says...

I have the exact same problem as you. Only I can never actually finish stories I start!

That story sounds really good. Different, at least. I can only think of a few stories which are similar, and even then the similarity is small.
I refuse to acknowledge the existence of this signature.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:32 pm
.:Elf:. says...

Sounds a bit over done to me, but could be interesting.
I have the problem too! Except I have to force myself not to write anything other then my current project, other wise it just wont work.

The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch somebody else doing it wrong, without comment.
— T. H. White