z

Young Writers Society

Current work

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:49 pm
niccy_v says...

Righto i shall begin by reminding any poor souls who diverted their attention to 'Sunburnt Thirst' my NaNo horror. I did finish it at 90 something thousand words but it's now under major rewrite because it was indeed tooo twilightish.

First of all: I've reversed like... nearly everything from twilight. Vamp man has been obsessed for decades about reuniting with humans because he longs for human companionship so he pretty much has devoted his life to being 'human'. Only to find when he goes to school everybody doesn't like him because he's gorgeous and thrillingly beautiful. Oh and vampie doesn't have a power :) He's the only one.

He has red eyes that turn black :) i imagine him being all scary like when they're red. mwahaha

And he has to more or less fight to control his raging feelings toward this poor human who does fall in love with him but is more or less frightened of him, to an extent, and he's confronted by how she continually changes her feelings toward him.

And they drain humans of their blood then pump it back in to change them to vampires! Ah i had so much fun coming up with that. Rarely humans survive so when human girlie decides (in a later story) she wants in on the vamp powers he refuses.

That's only the first 'installment'. Because i'd written so much and i love most of what i wrote for the original version, i'm simply cutting it into 6 different stories, so each have beginning/middle/end and are a different part of their life.

My main point of posting this, if you've read above, is still too twilight? He of course wins her heart (duh) and he wants to kill her but he more or less struggles to balance his thirst for her blood and the passion for her. yeah. :)

If anybody would like to read a few pages feel free to pm me but i'm not really expecting anybody to be bothered. :)
Writing gives my life purpose

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:35 pm
View Likes
Angel of Death says...

Not be bothered? I like vampire romances. I wanna read!!!
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:35 am
Night Mistress says...

I want to read, so start write it. if you need some inspiration (i guess you can called it that), read another vampire romance work.....like mine or ashleylee's Poisoned Roses.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:22 am
KailaMarie says...

I don't think it's necessarily too Twilight-ish. Pretty much by default new vampire romance stories get compared to Twilight, but I think you could easily overcome the similarities with they style anc characters that you write. Good luck.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:24 pm
niccy_v says...

Okay well, sorry Ashleylee i couldn't wait :(

It's in romantic fic - it's PG-13.... no sex only kissing and undying love gooey goo but urgh i just hope I've done enough for it to be not-another-twilight.
Writing gives my life purpose

Love is so short, forgetting is so long.
— Pablo Neruda