z

Young Writers Society

My new story idea!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:21 pm
Dominique says...

edit
Last edited by Dominique on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reviews: 1
Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:07 pm
Enigmatic_Penguin says...

Sounds interesting, but I think that saying they were after the girl because "she was rich" doesn't seem to cut it IMO.

Maybe they got rich because he is the CEO of a major arms dealer that supplied much of troops that fought against the Soviets?

Random avatar

Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:04 am
Dominique says...

edit
Last edited by Dominique on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:15 am

And remember, if you are going to mess with history, look up the real version first.

Do not use soviet-stereotypes to project how they would act in your situations; look at the stability of the government, economy etc. at the point in history you stage something, and see if you can get the statistics to back up your alternate-history.

See if you can find any events that could turn out differently, like ones where simple human folly determined the outcome.

I cannot wait to see how this story turns out; it seems like a very interesting idea.

Random avatar

Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:18 pm
Dominique says...

edit
Last edited by Dominique on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:18 pm

No problem. If you decide to stick with this story, I'd be really interested in seeing your first chapter/prologue.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:25 pm
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

I like this idea and I don't think it's stupid at all. I'd think it'd be a very interesting read.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle