z

Young Writers Society

My new story idea!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:21 pm
Dominique says...

edit
Last edited by Dominique on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reviews: 1
Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:07 pm
Enigmatic_Penguin says...

Sounds interesting, but I think that saying they were after the girl because "she was rich" doesn't seem to cut it IMO.

Maybe they got rich because he is the CEO of a major arms dealer that supplied much of troops that fought against the Soviets?

Random avatar

Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:04 am
Dominique says...

edit
Last edited by Dominique on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:15 am

And remember, if you are going to mess with history, look up the real version first.

Do not use soviet-stereotypes to project how they would act in your situations; look at the stability of the government, economy etc. at the point in history you stage something, and see if you can get the statistics to back up your alternate-history.

See if you can find any events that could turn out differently, like ones where simple human folly determined the outcome.

I cannot wait to see how this story turns out; it seems like a very interesting idea.

Random avatar

Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:18 pm
Dominique says...

edit
Last edited by Dominique on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:18 pm

No problem. If you decide to stick with this story, I'd be really interested in seeing your first chapter/prologue.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:25 pm
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

I like this idea and I don't think it's stupid at all. I'd think it'd be a very interesting read.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and THEN do your best.
— W. Edwards Deming