z

Young Writers Society

Sunshine and Rain, Angels and Writer's Block: A Journal

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:19 pm
Angel of Death says...

10. A Good Way to Stall

I feel this might be the one. I have a lot of good ideas for If Love is not Enough and I don't think I'll be giving up on it anytime soon, which is good. But I really like procrastinating, and when I do that, it is a result of this:

It's one of the scenes in the book, I can't wait to write. And I just love that line that Teresa says, so I put it in! Haha it's funny when your characters speak to you. They're so amazing, especially since they always have their own input on things.

This is a possible cover for If Love is not Enough

I love this so much. It's a scene I'm about to write for a contest and it happens to be in the book. This is Teresa and Julian (Mr. Gardner)

Ta,

~Angel
Last edited by Angel of Death on Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

695 Reviews

Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:57 am
Angel of Death says...

11. Breathe life into their lungs

So I decided to look for pictures of my characters, just thought it would be fun:

Teresa

Izzy

Warren

Mr. Gardner

how to manifest it.

695 Reviews

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:50 pm
Angel of Death says...

12. A Rendition of Love

I've decided to start The Jane Effect back up again, though this time it has a new plot, a new beginning, some new interesting characters and a new title. Rendition. I wanted this title to be different and memorable. I wanted it to sum up everything that the book was saying and I really like it so it's staying. Also, I know that there is already another famous Elizabeth and a lot of Edward's but once you name your characters it is terribly hard to not call them by their given name. So their names are staying.

I was searching the web and I decided that I should post some pictures of what my characters should look like so here are a few:

Main Character: Elizabeth Jane Greenly

Maxine Greenly

Daniel Greenly

Patrick Greenly

Alison Greenly

Andrew Garrison

Cassandra Garrison

Edward Harvey

William James Harvey

how to manifest it.

695 Reviews

Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:49 pm
Angel of Death says...

13. Love is Going Swimmingly

Though I only have like 17 pages for If Love is not Enough , I think that it's going well. I mean, I know where I want to go with this story and it's nice that I have my character's back. Teresa is really starting to grow on me and she's sorta like me which I wanted to portray in this story. I wanted her to seem like this serious independent girl but as you get to know her, she's fun and it's a balance. And Izzy! OMG! She's hilarious and I love her to pieces. I'm on Chapter 4, hopefully I get to twenty four pages today so that I can upload it. I plan to finish this book before June, because I want to put it on CreateSpace, so that I can order it with my free code. It's going to be cool to see my name on a book that I wrote!
how to manifest it.

695 Reviews

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:32 am
Angel of Death says...

14. What a good mother I am.

So, I really keep getting these other ideas, like I recently posted Chapter One to a new novel entitled The Wallflower and I am going to continue that when I get some time to actually write the next chapter but I also want to really finish If Love is not Enough. My foot is in the door with this one and if I keep on truckin' hopefully I can finish this, I know I can finish this, I just have to. Then, I really like fantasy, but not like wizards and stuff but realistic fantasy where it's actually believable. I have a couple of ideas in my head that I want to explore but I'm going to have to wait. My first priority is If Love is not Enough, aren't I a good mother?
how to manifest it.

695 Reviews

Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:51 pm
Angel of Death says...

15. I don't need therapy

Okay, maybe I do but it's not like I really really seriously need it.

Though I promised that I wasn't going to start anymore stories, I couldn't help it. Jude is just lovable in her own way. Yes, Jude is a girl and know that is seriously a boys name but it fits her. She's this sassy on-the-edge redhead with a life that's far from perfect, abstract.

I came up with her yesterday, when I realized that none of my characters really have eternal conflict. They all are content with themselves and really don't have any problems until later on in their story. Well, Jude is lined with problems. For one, she drinks and does drugs, namely ecstasy way too much. Her father is abusive and raped her once and to top it all off, her mother won't do anything about it because she's too obsessed with the way she looks and could care less about her other two children, Ringo and Starr. So, in light of all this, she goes to live with her conservative aunt, becoming fully emancipated from her parents. She worries about her little brother and sister but knows there's nothing she can do to help them and she's just an emotional, angry mess who believes that Pablo Picasso and Leonardo Da Vinci are Gods. She paints to relieve some of her frustration and goes to AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) meetings just because her Aunt makes her.

Yeah Jude needs help, but I love her for that. Not all characters have to be perfect. And yes, just in case you were wondering, this story is somewhat Beatles inspired. No I'm not a huge fan of them, but I'm aware of how popular they were long ago. Jude was named after the song Hey Jude and you should know where the names for her brother and sister came from. This is in fact, going to be written like a memoir but what makes it different from so many other stories is, it's going to start from the beginning with intensity, so this story might not be for everyone. Also, it's going to be written like a memoir because boy does Jude have a story to tell.
how to manifest it.

695 Reviews

Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:12 pm
Angel of Death says...

16. Hey Jude

When I saw this picture, I knew that I found her.

how to manifest it.

695 Reviews

Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:43 pm
Angel of Death says...

17. Goodbye Sanity

So, I'm starting to act like Jude. It's not that I don't want to write it, I just can't and I won't now. Why do I limit myself? I should be a fighter and try to finish Rendition, even it I have to pull my brain apart! God! Really, writing is an extremely hard job. Completely hard. And I don't know why I want to start over, I mean really, the plot could be better but, I don't know.

I guess I believe that I'm not a writer when other people say that I write really well. What is wrong with me? So, I am going to try and this time I truly am. I am not backing out. I've got to be committed, because if I'm not what point is there in writing?
how to manifest it.

695 Reviews

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Angel of Death says...

18. Can I call you Terry?

Okay, please forgive me for that last outburst. I am still sticking with If Love is not Enough, okay? I just got really frustrated and wanted to take the easy way out but I'm good now.

What happened was, this character that I wasn't expecting jumped in. I mean, I didn't think about him or anything he just said "I'm in the story" and batted his long golden eyelashes and messed everything up. God! Cullen! Oh and that's his name. He's the love interest, well the first love interest for Terry. He's quite charming but utterly annoying, especially since he's pushing his way into my life.

So, yep, I'm still truckin'
how to manifest it.

695 Reviews

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:23 pm
Angel of Death says...

19. Secrets are Unfaithful, if not Beautiful

So, as of now the word count for Elysium is zero but I keep coming up with quotes and things of that matter. But I think I want it to be in the same calibre as Secrets of the Unfaithful, which is, if I must say, one of my best achievements, seeing as that I have a lot more people that like it and don't like it. Which is what I was aiming for. I know that sounds crazy, but Marshall is cliche and he does complain a lot but you don't know him like I do, and that is why I liked writing SotU. I get time to help you all get to know Marshall no matter how cranky and whinny he may be.

I'm thinking about doing it a little. Jack had mentioned in his critique, I believe, about adding a couple of war scenes. I'm not sure that I am going to be good at it but I suppose it'll make it more than realistic.
Meanwhile, I think a short story is in need of writing. I'm thinking about of calling it Those Beautiful Things

Those Beautiful Things-- This is going to be apart of something bigger but this short story is about burlesque dancer, Maria Spencer. Her pockets are becoming thin and she hates her job. One day, she's walking home and she hears these moans and sees this man, bleeding, beaten to a pulp. Her apartment is just around the corner, so she helps him there. There's more but I actually rather get writing than summarize.
how to manifest it.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:14 pm
Krupp says...

Good luck with all this writing to do. I know I'm having a hard time doing it right now.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

695 Reviews

Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:29 am
Angel of Death says...

Thanks Krupp!

Hopefully, it will get better though.
how to manifest it.

695 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:46 pm
Angel of Death says...

20. Perfection

Road to Eden

Addison Meadow is a seventeen year old girl who lives in a society where everything is organized, perfect. No one is ever angry or frustrated, and she is taught to know nothing about those feelings. But for some reason, Addison begins to see snippets of a life that she feels that she is familiar with. There's a woman but she can't see her, she can only hear her voice and in her 'dreams' the world seems different. Different from the one that she's living in now. Soon she notices that she doesn't look anything like her 'parents' and all of the memories they hang around the walls don't seem real anymore.

One day, as she's walking to school, someone accidently bumped into her. He gave her a look that wasn't friendly and from that moment, Addison's curiousity was peaked. How could someone be the opposite of kind? Usually, when this happen the other apologized and they went there ways peacefully but she could feel the annoyance emitting from his body. Quickly saying sorry, she went to school, not forgetting him.

As she is walking home, she hears this loud noise and is intrigued by it. Two men are talking to each other in loud voices and they don't look happy. One of them, is the man she had bumped into. Curious, she follows them, only to find out that it was an ambush. They knock her out and when she comes to, she's in a place where nothing is perfect.

This is mostly a sci-fi adventure story but it has some romance. It doesn't neccasarily take place in the future but it's scientific.

Main Characters

Addison Meadow: a sassy and smart girl who only wants to find out the answer.

Mercutio: He doesn't care what anyone thinks about him and doesn't think before he acts. (is hiding a big secret from Addison.)
how to manifest it.

695 Reviews

Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:30 pm
Angel of Death says...

21. Taking the Road

So I've decided to pursue the Road to Eden

I'm going to start outlining things about characters and such and plot when I get to my grandma's. It's going to be a really complex and different story...well for me it is. I used to like writing science and adventure but then I got caught in Romance so this is going to be weird but fun hopefully. I just want to post pictures of what my characters look like, just because it's what I always do.

Addison

Mercutio

In the next post, I'll probably reveal the playlist. The Spill Canvas is on it though, so it's a pretty awesome list of songs.
how to manifest it.

695 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:14 pm
Angel of Death says...

22. The Wallflower

So, I decided that I need to find pictures for this book.

Emily

Colin Hartwell

Rosamond Owen

how to manifest it.

Mr. Scorpio says productivity is up 2%, and it's all because of my motivational techniques -- like donuts and the possibility of more donuts to come.
— Homer Simpson