z

Young Writers Society

New Story line, yay or nay?

Dont have an opinion? Well tell me Yay or Nay.

Yay
83%
Nay
17%

Total votes : 6

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:32 pm
MeganJ2012 says...

Okay Well I got a new story line, Kind of one of my first, but in a way not really. The first I'm acting on i guess ,but its a story that I can relate to and a story that I can make my own. But its sorta orignal. But here is goes;;

Harlem Isabelle Reese is a 15 year old girl who lives in Mayberry [an imaginary country]. This small country is ruled by not a goverment, but a King and Queen who happens to be Harlem's grandparents. One night, Grandma Reese dies of a sudden heart failure, and Harlem's family is left to reign over Mayberry, making her the new Princess of Mayberry. From the outside looking in, She has the perfect family, A beautiful mother, a rich father [he's royal, he has to be rich], and adorable little sister, but sometimes everything isn't what it seems. Harlem lives in a dangerously abusive home, This pain being cause by her own father. But what is Harlem to do? Her father is king of her country! And besides, nobody would believe her anyways. Her father is a well respected and she is just a mere teenager, going through her raging teenager horomones. Harlem stays quite and is only allowed to go home. Once she gets home, She can not leave. She is held hostage in her own room after threatening to spill the family secret. Her window is borded up and the doors locked shut from the outside in.
One day during School, she meets a new student and has been insisted upon showing him around the school. What happens when sparks fly and enough is enough? Theirs nothing to do, but Run..

Presenting, Harlem Runs.

=D. Whatcha think?

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:12 am
thunder_dude7 says...

This is a really good idea, and I like what you have come up with.

One thing that you need to do is figure out all the events after she runs away. But you have a great foundation built up here.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:11 am
ButterFlyInk says...

I'm not much for the teen books anymore but this sounds like something i would definitely pick up and read.
It sounds like the blurb on the back of the book to grab readers attention. Well it certainly grabbed my attention. =] PM me and let me know if and when you post some of it on YWS, I would love to read it.
["DD:why are you wearing 2 hats? GM: because i have 2 hats!" XD ]

"my mind isn't working properly..and so my fingers are following the trend." ~ Me

"Everything you can imagine is real."
— Pablo Picasso