Young Writers Society

Same boat as me?

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:13 pm
Fishr says...

Eight months at the most.

I suck. :x
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:09 am
ButterFlyInk says...

Haven't written anything new (not including notes an tidbits) in about the same amount of time as you. I have 6 project going and I haven't been able to write any of them or create new ones.
Samuel Garrison you do not suck, we all have some type of block once in a while, some times it can last for a week or for months ( i know experience)......just hang in there and I think you'll find your way back to something new.

Here's a random elephant dance just for you :elephant:
["DD:why are you wearing 2 hats? GM: because i have 2 hats!" XD ]

"my mind isn't working properly..and so my fingers are following the trend." ~ Me

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:40 am
Kang227 says...

Sometimes it's not a matter of dried-up inspiration, but simple tiredness. Lord knows that when I come home from school, I'm pooped. The key is to take advantage of SUPERWRITINGDAYS when they show up. For me, it's rainy weather. No idea why, but when it gets dark and overcast I just love everything about the sound, the soft light, etc.
Hey Daedalus, I'm Icarus. Do your thing, and for God's sake use something better than WAX this time.

Reviews: 4
Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:35 pm
SaraAnne says...

Hey,
Don't stress. I didn't write anything for about eighteen months once. Like nothing. I didn't do a single creative thing. And that is for a person who had already finished a novel (A TERRIBLY CRAPTASTIC YEAR EIGHT NOVEL....but 140 pgs none the less) and usually wrote endless short stories and poems. I did nothing for over a year.

And now i'm writing again =)

You'll get out of it, some times you just don't feel like writing. I find it harder to write when I am content with the way things are in my life, for me I need internal conflict to write things properly.

Good luck!
How long can a horse run for?

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:32 am
ScriboErgoSum says...

I haven't written anything in about a year either. It's very frustrating. I'm hoping that this year's NaNoWriMo will shake me out of it and get me writing again. Sometimes, I think when the inspiration just isn't grabbing you and it's hard to write, it's better not to force it, because it will come back on its own.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:19 pm
Firestarter says...

Yes, I'm in pretty much in the same position. Can't remember how long it has been. I've done the odd poem but mostly, no concerted writing effort for a very long time. NaNoWriMo might help. We'll see.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:52 pm
Blink says...

More than that, NaNoWriMo is the saviour... rather, I've heard :)
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

Reviews: 2
Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:38 pm
Fire Bad, Tree Pretty says...

I haven't written anything for months. I have documents waiting for updates, and I'm just stuck. -___-
It's definitely not fun.
Need more friends with wings...

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:00 pm
Krupp says...

Whenever I get writers block, I usually get up and say, "time for a smoke" and then I'll proceed to go have one. Now that I'm on a smoke-free campus, life is just that more irritating....

so don't get upset Samuel Garrison. I'm not too thrilled about this kind of crap either. My one coping mechanism has been taken from me.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:17 pm
Fishr says...

Thanks, guys. Least I'm not the only one in the same situation.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:48 am
Jiggity says...

I'm still sporadically writing, only, the same ideas and projects that have been floating around in my head for ages; everything feels recycled and dull.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:45 am
Dream Deep says...

It's like a global shortage of artistic motivation. #.# And people are worried about gas prices, why?

[Seriously, though. I'm in the same boat. If NaNo doesn't get me back on my feet, nothing might...]

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:05 pm
alwaysawriter says...

I was in the same boat for a while too. I did manage to write a little but I ended up getting stuck or realized the idea was stupid. Thanks to NaNo, my ideas are alowly coming back. :)

-always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

I am and always will be optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes, the dreamer of improbable dreams.
— 11th Doctor