z

Young Writers Society

Writing a book

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:22 am
Turntable Jack says...

Well, I have been writing a book for awhile, but I have been doing mroe thinking and planning than actually writing. I have the whole plot thought off and detailed in my mind. However, in the midst of writing the 4th chapter, i thought i better get a little feedback. I want to know if my book is enjoyable to read. I am looking for someone to read what i have thus far and give me some feedback (not on grammar or spelling) but just how the novel is.

It starts off slow, and it picks up during the end of the 4th chapter (have not gotten to it that yet). But yea, this means a lot to me, and I want some feedback if this is enjoyable and something you would actually read. it is okay to be honest with me and tell me that you don't like the style of writing or something along those lines. As I love my plot and I really think the storyline is great with original ideas and twist.

Anyways, if anyone could do this for me, it would make me very happy.
Attachments
Murder Without Death.doc
(51.5 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:14 am
chocoholic says...

Hi,

This really isn't the right place to post this. Either put it in Advanced Critiques, or post it bit by bit in the correct fiction forum. The Writers Corner is for people to talk about their book's progress or get advice on publishing/ideas/etc.

PM a mod (somebody with a dark green name) and get them to move this.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:37 am
Turntable Jack says...

Based on the suggestions of various members, The Writers Corner is the newest addition to YWS. Here you can post the progress you are making on your novella, novel, or any piece you are hard at work on. Also, use this forum to keep everyone up to date on your publishing endeavors. Doing so will not only allow everyone else to share in your trials and tribulations, but we also allow them to learn from your experience.

I figured that posting your progress is posting what you have thus far. But I guess I'll pm someone, thanks.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:11 am
chocoholic says...

An easy mistake to make, I suppose. That statement means that you can post about how your novel is going, what issues you are having and so on, and perhaps ask people for reviews, but the actual writing goes in the writing section.

No worries!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

One fish, two fish, red fish, aardvark.
— alliyah