z

Young Writers Society

Is it ok to write long stories??

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:36 am
fun4eva says...

So, I am working on my first novel. I want to post the chapters on YWS but I am not confident because its a very confusing plot. I mean, it has many characters involved, which make it interesting. It will be different from reading a book, because by the time I post the next chapter, nobody will remember the previous chapter and its characters..
I also have a problem that if there are too many chapters..like, say 13 chapters...then nobody would bother to read the previous ones to understand whats going on in the current chapter..But I really really need the reviews and critiques....
Do you'll think posting it on YWS would be a bad idea because of the length and post??

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:38 am
Krupp says...

I didn't think it really mattered...if you wanna post it, post it. I don't think anyone's going to complain.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:23 pm
Sureal says...

You could use the Advanced Critiques forum. You post up a large part or even all of your novel, and you'll get detailed feedback on all that you have posted in return. (Be sure to read the rules before posting though.)

Alternatively, you could just post on the main site. You could give each chapter its own topic, or post them all in the same topic; whichever you prefer. You're right in pointing out that later chapters will get few reviews, though. Try posting the chapters with not too much time between them if you can (try for no more than two weeks, say) so that people will remember the story. You could also try joining the Reviews for Reviews group.
I wrote the above just for you.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:38 am
fun4eva says...

you've been of great help, surreal! Thanks!!!

Reviews: 2
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:42 pm
heartbeatboy says...

that depends, is it a real artistic story, something that has to be lond and/or complex for the story to be intact? If so, then...whatever! If not, it depends on your audience.

Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?
— Obi-Wan Kenobi