z

Young Writers Society

The Fearless

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:21 pm
Angel of Death says...

I'm having so much trouble sticking with the two current novels that I'm writing. So just to see how it feels to have help, I'm starting a new project but I'm not going to abandon the old ones.

Okay. I know everyone needs a little break from vampires and werewolves, although I could read and write about them forever. This book is dedicated to my other favorite mythical creatures: Witches and warlocks.

The Fearless (Title pending)

Summary: Cary Elliot is a wreck after her mother dies mysteriously. In her small town of Windsor, Massachusetts, rumors form and soon people start to look at her strangely. After the death of Cary's twin sister, her mother just went crazy. She painted their house black and stayed in her room all day. Everything about Cary's house became distant and haunted. Friends became strangers and life became hell. Then on Cary's birthday, she found her mother dead. She hung herself in the tree in the backyard. There were no signs that she was going to commit suicide. The day before she was happy and was excited about having a small birthday party.

When Harry Elliot, Cary's estranged father comes to take her away, Cary feels the strange reluctance. As if her mother is still in her house, wanting her to stay with her forever. Harry lives in Broken Arrow, OK which is a suburb of Tulsa. Her father lives in an old Victorian house and lives with his young girlfriend Haley Lewis. At first Cary can't stand Broken Arrow, there's too much sun, too many people, and too many days she's living without her mother. But then she starts school at Alliance High (a fictional school) a preppy school that centers around business and social sophistication. The uniforms aren't the best but when she sees Derek Townsend, Cary believes that she could stay in this town forever. He's every side of the word perfect. Gets good grades and has a lot of friends. Namely the five students that make up his posse.

One day Derek's entourage pays Cary a visit and soon she finds herself becoming the next member to their crew. Just when she thinks everything is getting better, life gets harder and weirder. There are secrets in the small gang. Secrets that could both destroy the world and turn the six teenagers into enemies....

I don't want to take up all the ideas and to be honest I just thought of this just now and its kinda sloppy I know but that's why I want to collaborate.

There are six characters besides Cary who is our MC. If I can get six other people to help out that'll be great but if I can't then anybody can have at least two characters.

These characters all have to be different. There are three girls and three boys (that's excluding Cary.)
I don't want any two characters to look the same or act the same. Everyone has their own powers so keep all this in mind when you're creating your character.

I understand if there are a lot of people working on their own individual projects but this is for people who either don't anything to write and want something to do or have something to write and just want to see how this will work.

Each chapter will be split up into characters. Each character can have two chapters in the row as long as its needed.

If anybody would like to help pick this project off the ground post here and then when you figure out who your character is going to be PM me. I would like everyone to only have one character until we can figure out who has who etc.

I'm open to any suggestions, titles, plots, etc so share please. I know this might sound crazy but I'd like to get this published one day if it works out but if it doesn't work out no big deal.

Thanks for reading,
-Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:31 pm
Krupp says...

I will admit that I have very little knowledge of witches and warlocks and their ways of life. I think it's difficult to write such stories, but I"m sure it's fairly worth it, too.

I can't think of anything that could give you any better ideas, but I wish you luck in writing this. Hopefully you'll post it up somewhere soon.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
— Thomas Edison