z

Young Writers Society

Thunder's Attempts to write more

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:48 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Good news, guys! I talked to him a little bit ago, and he agreed to extend the deadline. In fact, we're going to the same high school, so I just need to get it to him by the time we graduate.

So now I need motivation again.

Thankfully, guess what's in 10 days, 3 hours, 11 minutes and 20 seconds?

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:52 am
Stori says...

*takes a guess* It's Nano. Got to be.

Random avatar

Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Yep. It is.

I just did some quick research, and I decided that my story would take place at a time similar to the time a bit before the Americas were discovered, as that kind of sailing plays a part in the sequel.

So I decided to look up what was invented then.

I found...cannons and gunpowder.

This could be fun.

Random avatar

Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:25 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Uh oh.

I've been writing short stories with my characters, and I really need to stop putting them in one story, because some strange things have come up...

Anyway, I need to start really getting ready for NaNoWriMo, because it starts in like, four days. Time to get to work...

That is, if I didn't have a field trip tommorow.

And my theatre class has a play on the 11th and I have a lot of home practice to do.

This will be hard.

Reviews: 4
Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:08 am
danster724 says...

You're procrastinating. Just actually do some writing. You have character and a plot, so just begin, even if it comes out horribe just write. It will give you a feel for the story and make you less likely to give up later on. Please for your own sake just write some words. I'm not trying to be rude bcause I don't want you to drop this 'cuz it sounds cool.

Oh side note: What's NaNoWriMo?
"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible."

Random avatar

Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:50 am
thunder_dude7 says...

It's called National Novel Writing Month. Basically, write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November.

It'll help motivate me when I have a more clear goal in sight.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:52 am
danster724 says...

Oh cool, yeah that's around the same time I'll be beginning my novel 'cuz that's when I'll be done my outline.
"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible."

Random avatar

Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:43 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

It's and official event. You should try it. It's a lot of writing, caffine, and [s]torture[/s] fun.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:10 am
danster724 says...

Yup my out line's doneso I'll start writing tomorrow for Nano. This sounds like fun.

Random avatar

Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:47 am
thunder_dude7 says...

During my first attempt at NaNoWriMo, I will be posting regular updates in my blog.

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights