z

Young Writers Society

I'm Killing a Classic...and Loving It.

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:43 am
Kang227 says...

So my English class just read Lord of the Flies. Now, I own the book already, so I had a little more fun with it than some of my class did. As a result...

(Note, this will not be funny if you aren't very familiar with the book).

1. The pilot on the moonlit mountain top bows...and sits up. Bows...and sits up. Bows. Halfway through sitting up he stops. There is a long pause. Then, very quietly, he begins to sing.

"One...is the loneliest numberr that you'll eevverr dooo..."

He swings upright. "Twoooooo can be as bad as onnnee..."

Yeah, horrible things like that. Other things are that when Piggy dies, his body stays on the rock. Suddenly, figures pop up out of nowhere and take it away. There is a dramatic underscore of music and intense surgery scenes. In the background, a voice declares:

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him stronger...faster...thinner."

Instead of the Navy, this 'Million Dollar Piggy' shows up to save everyone at the end.

Yes, I have a horrible, shameless sense of humor.
Hey Daedalus, I'm Icarus. Do your thing, and for God's sake use something better than WAX this time.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:17 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

*falls over laughing*

Those are both hilarious. Are you making a video project? ( That's what I had to do when my group read the book, but our movie wasn't very funny. )
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:52 pm
Clo says...

This would be a great video project for school. I used to love it when people did these sort of things for classic novels. And I adore Lord of the Flies! It needs spoofs.

Go nuts. :P

Find a camera.
How am I not myself?

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:01 am
Kang227 says...

Found one. Costs too much =X
Hey Daedalus, I'm Icarus. Do your thing, and for God's sake use something better than WAX this time.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:10 pm
Tusker93 says...

Lmao :lol: I love Lord of the Flies and that spoof sounds mint - you should post it up some time y'know!

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:55 pm
Kaylyn says...

Wow. My best friend laughed when Piggy died. The whole class just started at her, when she bust out laughing. It was hilarious. You say Piggy today and she laughs. I liked Lord of the Flies pretty well
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
— Edgar Allan Poe