z

Young Writers Society

Novel Series Concept I'm Working On

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:44 pm
Kang227 says...

Anyway...

Concept I had was a 'convergent mythology' series, but with some twists. Let me explain. Wait, that would take too long. Let me sum up.

Three cities--Valhalla, Heliopolis, and Olympus--are locked in a free-for-all war with one another. This war has been raging for as long as anyone can remember--the only problem is, nobody can seem to remember how long that is. There is an unspoken taboo of not investigating or remembering the past.

In the city of Valhalla, Thor, leader of the A.E.S.I.R (Asgard Elite Special Infantry Regiment) has been experiencing strange dreams. In them, he is allied with his current enemies against an unknown foe. His armor is strange and archaic, and Mjolnir is a hammer, not the Mjolnir Battle Rifle he carries.

Athena, a brilliant woman in the mountain city of Olympus, is secretly trying to access the Archives in order to discover more about their history.

In Heliopolis there lives a man named Anubis, head guard at the neutral, maximum-security prison called Tartarus. He also dreams of an ancient battlefield, but to him these visions are nightmares where he is transformed into a horrific half-jackal humanoid.

The idea is that these three groups are the true-blue mythological figures we all know and love, but something has repressed their power and their memory of those days. The first part of the story focuses on the investigations of Thor and Athena, which will eventually cross paths and meet with Anubis' story. Together, the three of them will attempt to uncover the past--and who they really are.
Hey Daedalus, I'm Icarus. Do your thing, and for God's sake use something better than WAX this time.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:23 pm
Clo says...

I like short shorts.

I like the concept. Kind of sci-fi... so be careful. Mythology mixed with sci-fi? Never heard of that, at least I don't think so. I'd probably read it, anyhow. I love mythology mixing.
How am I not myself?

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:39 pm
Kang227 says...

Not TOO Sci-Fi. More like semi-futuristic, mixed with rustic/classical architecture. Tech-wise, they're about where we are.

Also, [spoiler]when Thor, Athena, and Anubis regain their memories, they are returned to their former states--rustic armor, weapons, and all.[/spoiler]
Hey Daedalus, I'm Icarus. Do your thing, and for God's sake use something better than WAX this time.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:42 pm
Archstormangel says...

Sounds really, really rad. Good luck. Can't wait to read it - can we? That's actually brilliant. c:
I'm
an Atheist, a young teen girl, someone who loves Harry Potter and hates Twilight, someone who doesn't see deepness in everything, a person who has never suffered from any diseases of any sort.
I'm average, but...

I'm still a writer.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
— Dr. Seuss