z

Young Writers Society

My new idea - no title yet

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:08 pm
Brandon1107 says...

As I was writing the outline for a story I had planned to make, I came a across another book in the book store that was a lot like it and I was incredibly discouraged. I've been wanting to write a novel for a while and I thought that was the first time I had a real chance at creating one. Now that I have stopped the outline I've been attempting to dig a creative story in my imagination. I could not think of one thing until this. It was really tough trying to think of something slightly original, but as I thought about this story I think I learned to like it more. Here is somewhat of the plot, though it will be much more developed as it goes on:

The protagonist in this story is a prim-and-proper, stubborn boy, brought up in a very rich family. He has never even caught a glimpse of what life is really about. He's has never faced a terrible conflict. The biggest decision he has ever encountered was whether to go to here or there for private school. Then one day his life is totally flipped, when he accidentally kills one of the most revered people in his town. Though he is not caught he is faced with the most agonizing guilt he has ever imagined. He has horrific nightmares and even imagines killing himself. But he won't go to the authorities, for fear he will have no future. Instead, late that week, during a silent night, a creature enters his room. His paranoia doesn't allow him to scream. He believes this is what he deserves, and yet, he is still in a dream-state. The man is costumed in all black and has a mask hiding his face. The man tells the boy he has brought balance to the world by killing that so-revered man. The boy is in horror and the shadow of a man asks him to join his society, telling the boy his guilt, his paranoia, will all be released. He goes and is brought to this man's hideout, where he finds others like him. There are no more than 50 of people like this man. He tells the boy their ways, of restoring the balance of good and evil. They say if there was only evil the human race would go extinct, but if there was only good, the Earth would be destroyed. He tells the boy how they believe that in someway evil is good, because it brings balance. Now the boy is forced to stay with them as he struggles to accept his fate. He is brought on treacherous journeys where he must assassinate and kill. As he suffers more guilt and realizes his destiny, he is plagued with the thought of having no future, and realizes he might have to accept what he is.

So now I'm still thinking about where this is going.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:54 pm
Krupp says...

Sounds like an interesting tale to tell. I don't see anything wrong with getting a move on with it...get started and post it somewhere on here.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:00 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Sounds similar to my Thanatos. >.>

Still, you've got a different take on the whole issue, and I like the good-and-evil balance thing, even if it does feel uncomfortably close to my life-and-death balance in Thanatos. In my novel plot, the MC tries to commit suicide, but is saved by a mysterious man who calls himself Thanatos and claims to be the "guardian of death," so to speak. Long story short, the MC gains immortality and must come to terms with the fact that part of his new life is death, and he must kill both living humans and walking dead "Abominations" such as vampires and zombies.

We should hang out and compare notes. XD
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

Random avatar

Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:25 am
Brandon1107 says...

haha :D Sounds cool to me. But, I'm making this story have zero magic, zero super natural. I don't want this to be like anything else. Instead of magic, it's going to be based +50 years in the future. I'm getting really excited to write this. I think if I do write this, it will be in a series. I don't think he'll stay in the clan forever :twisted:

Random avatar

Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:19 am
Brandon1107 says...

Okay, I really am trying to create this plot in my head but I can''t think of any villain and their motives...it's usually fairly easy for me to create a villain but I just can't...can someone give me an idea of how a villain would work in ^^^ that plot; maybe it will spark some inspiration.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:00 am
W says...

Brandon1107 wrote:Okay, I really am trying to create this plot in my head but I can''t think of any villain and their motives...it's usually fairly easy for me to create a villain but I just can't...can someone give me an idea of how a villain would work in ^^^ that plot; maybe it will spark some inspiration.

I would think someone the boy can't tell is good/evil, or can't be defined within the afterlife's rules. trying to stop them, er whatever (random brainstorm :)) It also depends on his 'guilt'. Is he just going around, killing random people even if he wants them to live? In that case, the story should probably have an inner conflict instead of an outward one.

I think it's sounds pretty cool. I've never heard of anything like it, not that it should matter if you find it interesting to write. The only thing I don't understand is what he means by worrying about 'having no future.' Dying?

Random avatar

Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:26 pm
Brandon1107 says...

Well I already know one villain. There will be an inward conflict as he struggles to cope with his destiny and this mysterious group that was brought forth, as well as the fact that he doesn't 100% agree with what their doing. He isn't sure if maybe these people are just some crazy cult or are actually doing something right. But, I also want a 3rd party villain, just not like the normal villains, who try to make the world a better place by killing off some sort of people, I want someone truly genuinely evil. The only problem is, is to how to fit them in the story ...

Also, the main character was a very fortunate rich boy who was pushed to become this big time surgeon. So he feels that he will never have a future now that he is with this mysterious cult.

In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening