z

Young Writers Society

Book ideas: Having so much trouble thinking up one!!!

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:50 am
SimplyPersnikety says...

I have never ever never ever finished writing a book or really thought up a good idea. I love to write and would really really like to write "THE END" just for once and like what I wrote. anyone else have this problem? I feel like I have permanent writer's block!
"My brains, your strength and his steel against a hundred troops? And you think a little head-jiggle is supposed to make me happy?" ~The Princess Bride

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:09 am
Teague says...

**MOVED** To Writer's Corner

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

Reviews: 4
Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:13 am
dreaming_in_poetry says...

Erm... I kind of have the opposite problem... I come up with hundreds of story ideas, but they can never go anywhere...

If you are having a writer's block, I suggest just doing a simple activity (such as putting a jigsaw puzzle together) and letting your mind wander. Sometimes your imagination can suprise you. Or listen to a song and come up with a backstory for the lyrics.

Reviews: 2
Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:51 pm
mysteriousbystander says...

dreaming_in_poetry wrote:Erm... I kind of have the opposite problem... I come up with hundreds of story ideas, but they can never go anywhere....

Yeah, same here. I have a bunch of ideas, but I can never get them all written into stories!\

-Emily

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:18 pm
Chirantha says...

I think I have the same problem Persnikity. I had wrtten atleast about 9 books but never had ended them. The ideas for the first book dies as an idea of another one pops up in my head.

**Curses!!** :evil:
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:31 pm
Swires says...

Write because of your ideas and not because of impulse.

A lot of people disagree with me but writing garbage that you aren't remotely interested in seems a pointless waste of time.

Oh, and by the way - You may want to start reading a lot more. Reading generates ideas, you start to think - "well thats a not so good way of doing this, what happens if I changed it to this," and sometimes ideas spark from a single word in books.

:P
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:21 pm
Blink says...

Don't tell a story because you want to write, write because you have a story to tell. Just think; what are you interested in? Make sure it means something to you, it will just come on the moment and you know that warm, fuzzy feeling? Get that, and you know you have an idea.

ps: Never write, The End :)
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:42 pm
TheWordsmith says...

Two words- junk writing.

Just sit down and write whatever comes to mind. "My thumb hurts." "This is a stupid exersise." "Why did I ever listen to Wordsmith?" You know, just random thoughts and ideas. Cures writers block, so it might help you think up ideas.
Bad spellars of the world, untie! - T-shirt

Join iSpy! Click here!

Reviews: 2
Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:26 am
kaonna says...

I have that problems sometimes though my problem is that I have tooo many ideas to keep up with. I start one story just to have another one pop up in my head. Like I was doing a vampyre story [still needs to finish up plot summary] now I am finishing up this story I did a year ago, that I want to become a novel one day. Though I agree reading does influence you and convinces you to write more and so does some of the music you listen to. i.e. I listen to Evanescence to get some of my most heart felt scenes out of the way.

Though maybe we can help each other since there are many days I wish I could come to a sweet and meaningful conclusion on a story.
Die Heilung ist der härteste Teil jeder Tragödie

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:53 pm
asalerno says...

I can definitely relate. I have a very, very hard time coming up with stories. I think my biggest problem is that I have so little confidence in myself. Anything I think of, I throw away immediately because I think it's worthless and awful. I do the same with my actual writing.

Reviews: 1
Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:40 am
DwahnePipe says...

The thing is if your writing a story and then another story takes your interest then what's it going to be like for the reader? Surely if you, the writer of the story, cannot be interested in the story anymore, even though you have control over it then the reader will find it boring and start thinking of picking up another book as well.

Does that make sense?

Obviously it isn't the right plot to make a novel out of.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:30 am
Jay says...

I've developed a very methodical and efficient way of writing. I think of the idea, and plan out each chapter. Then I start working on it, and I can never start another story if another one is still unfinished.

My advice is to plan out each chapter-it's really helped me get inspired.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:55 am
Fellow says...

Well... I wrote a book and I did wrote "The end" . The hundreds and thousands of ideas can come and make one single book and its more than enough to have one! and the others will just keep coming as you write. I watch many fantasy movies, epic battles, play loads of games and read (ofc) books. After that i start writing what i think... Not describing or making loads of actions. Just the pure idea.

I just write what i think and it dosen't matter how stupid it is. Maybe at some point it would be nice to put that idea in the book...
Life is a song. You just need to know how to sing it.

topic35881.html - Need reviews? Click!

You must believe in free will; there is no choice.
— Isaac Bashevis Singer