z

Young Writers Society

The Lynchburg Papers

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:29 pm
Krupp says...

The topic description has pretty much summarized as to how important this new idea is to me. Yes, I'm currently writing THREE novels of different worlds and such, and YES i'm at school so the workload is absolutely incredible and mind-blowing...but this new idea...it blows my mind that I didn't think of it in the first place.

I am at Liberty University in VA for several reasons, the obvious one is education. The biggest reason is because I want to find out more about the God character and how Jesus Christ, despite his teachings being hated on more throughout the years, influences kids my age nowadays. I decided earlier today that I'm going to write a fictional story about a protagonist with my name doing exactly that: trying to find God in Lynchburg, VA, and find out what it really means to be a 'Christian' and what cost comes with being one. And THROUGH this character, I want to try and show what I learn while I'm here in Lynchburg until November.

Although I have admitted on nine different occasions that I"m a huge fan of Hunter S. Thompson's style of Gonzo Journalism, I'm not sure if I can compare this to anything Thompson has ever done. But I'm eager to try this, and any kind of help or suggestions as to what I can do to display my findings through this fictional story would be greatly appreciated.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:23 pm
Tusker93 says...

That sounds fantastic! Hope to see more of this, the idea sounds great but I suppose figuring out how you want to present it is a bit weird.

Maybe a journal would be nice, or just making a mesh of all the ideas you get and translating it into a novel somehow.

i love me some swole chickens
— yosh