z

Young Writers Society

What font/font size do you use?

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:16 pm
Tabithalillian says...

I use the smallest font possible, just because then if I post it online then it doesnt look like im trying to make it longer and when some ones posts the comment 'I cant reat it, its too small' I put in size 12 and the entire story grows about three pages making me feel happy. Just a thought. . .
Living in a tower

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:00 am
ankhirke says...

courier, 12 - that usually gets it in the ball park of 250 words per page. And Agents don't mind it: that or times I think is standard. Though verdana has been beginning to grow on me.

Hehe, I just finished a class talking all about different fonts. Yay for art school!

What we learned:
Comic sans sucks. Helvetica rules! And Arial is a dirty dirty ripoff!

~Annie

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:29 pm
happy-go-lucky says...

Georgia, double spaced, size 11.

I love the way it looks on a page!
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world"
- Oscar Wilde

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:37 am
lxtmidnight says...

When I type up a story for myself, I use Times New Roman, size 10. After I finish typing the entire thing I double-space it, and then if the number of pages is not something I'm happy with I change the font size to 12 to make myself feel better XD
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
-Cyril Connolly

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:19 am
Carlito says...

I can never stick with one font. In one story I'm using High Tower Text, size 11 and on another I'm using Bell MT size 11. I always use TNR size 12 for school b/c its required but for my fiction writing I find it boring. I like fonts that I feel look good with the story being told and really big fonts annoy me.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:48 am
View Likes
Clo says...

I don't like small font. I hate like 10 sized font, but that's what I used when I was 13 and writing. How awful! I went back and changed all my documents to 12. :?
How am I not myself?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:34 am
Ian_smith says...

I had gone through your site. Its interesting. Reducing the font sizes of the words may reduce the number of pages to be used, but it may give a drastic appearance. In order to make a glamourous look please make a bigger font size with a bold look, so it may attract other's attention.
-----------------
Ian_smith

viral marketing

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:09 pm
Cobra says...

I use Times New Roman size 12.
The corpses are piled high around. Blood carpets the floor and flames scorch away the last remnants of humanity. The screams of the damned echo in my head. I smile. I am home.

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:50 pm
TheWordsmith says...

For submitting to publishers/agents, they generally want an easy-to-read type like Arial or Times New Roman in size 12-14, double-spaced.
Bad spellars of the world, untie! - T-shirt

Join iSpy! Click here!

Reviews: 4
Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:44 am
SaraAnne says...

I went through a phase of bookman old style but now i am a conformist who uses TNR. I distinguish bits i am working on by using calibri.

i never double space anything until the last moment. It makes the finished result orgasmic.
It's like 100 pages - haha! Now it's 200 pages!

You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
— J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan