z

Young Writers Society

G H R I E K

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:48 pm
Manny says...

So I've been tinkering with a story idea for a while now. It seems I go through phases where I either want to write a book or do a comic. The only problem is that I suck at drawing. This is the first time I've tried putting a comic idea into story format. I'm VERY excited about it. Hopefully, it's nothing like you've seen before. Right now I'm working on developing the characters and writing an outline for the entire series. This is turning epic.

I'll be updating this whenever I have news about G H R I E K. If you have any questions, I'll answer them (mostly). Also, the title is completely random, but important to the series. :D

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:32 pm
Angel of Death says...

Wow I wish you luck with this idea, and don't give up even if you have second thoughts, trust me, I go down that road a lot and it doesn't end well. The title is random but I like random and so I like this title. The picture is awesome too, did you take the picture like that or did you PhotoShop it?
-Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:47 pm
xxfourthelement says...

Good luck! The picture is awesome. What's the story about?
"...I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Sometimes I can stop laughing before people start edging away and talking about soothing drinks." - Lord Raould of Goldenlake and Malorie's Peak

Free Reviews

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:07 pm
ldsprincess says...

I draw! Maybe I could do a sketch...

Love the picture btw, I have one similar...
"She's got it out for me but I wear the biggest smile!"
-Misery Buisness by Paramore

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:45 pm
ScriboErgoSum says...

Good luck with your story. What's it about?

I agree with the others: cool picture. And cool title. :)

27 Reviews

Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:03 am
Manny says...

Thanks everyone! It's kind of hard to say exactly what Ghriek is, but I'll attempt it. Imagine Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, without the adoptions, and Power Rangers, minus the multi-colored suits (for the most part). I'll write up a better explanation in a few minutes, but that's the gist of it.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:06 am
thunder_dude7 says...

So the kids are in some sort of foster home together and they battle evil in monocramatic suits?

27 Reviews

Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:15 am
Manny says...

No. :) The kids work for this guy hunting down the monsters of our imagination and convert them into figurines/cards/dolls to be sold by their boss in a collectible store. They have random disguises like ski masks and painted faces so the monsters don't find out who they are and make their lives miserable.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:46 am
Clo says...

I actually like that idea... I'd read that comic. I'm a big comic reader. I'm also a self-proclaimed artist. *shrugs* I hope you figure out what to do! It certainly sounds interesting.
How am I not myself?

Reviews: 4
Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:19 am
dreaming_in_poetry says...

I like the idea. It would make an epic graphic novel or other such equivilant. I think if Ghriek was put into novel form, it wouldn't have as much of an impact; it seems to be a very visual story. If making it into a comic doesn't work out, how about a movie script?

A few questions:

How old are the main characters? How many are there? Are you going to focus on one character, or switch between them?

How did the characters get drawn into hunting these creatures? Is there some kind of backstory?

If a nation loses its storytellers, it loses its childhood.
— Peter Handke