z

Young Writers Society

Knives in my eyes

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:07 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Aura - this isn't even up here, but it's on my fictionpress http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2523529/1/Aura (or some of it). This is so hard to explain, but I like the idea of just rambling about it here.

I'm still trying to get my head around totally. So far, this story is centred on Lan, a man deep in debt and confusion, he has lost his wife and is living in a kind of dream world, hardly remembering who he is any more. He lives in the city, after a war that has affected him in a way he isn't sure about, trapped inside by a high wall. Then an old friend returns to him, the rebellious, mysterious and self-destructive Dreyan, who turns him upside down, forces him to remember who he is and join in a fight against what seems to him to be the rest of the sane world. Together, they try to discover the connection between two missing kids, a murder and a strangely closed off laboratory outside of the city.

I'll just use here to talk about it =] when I'm writing other things I get lost in them. I'll keep word count and stuff ^_^

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:48 am
Jay says...

It sounds like a good idea, even a little funny. How did Lan's wife die? Is the "high wall" literally a wall trapping him in the city?

Random avatar

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:00 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Jay wrote:It sounds like a good idea, even a little funny. How did Lan's wife die? Is the "high wall" literally a wall trapping him in the city?

In the story I'm gonna do a thing with his wife - her name was Grace and she's gonna have bene murdered, only he doesn't know that.

I want the wal to literally be a wall, a kind of defence against intruders, but works to keep the city people in too.

Thanks for replying =D helpful.

Random avatar

Courage, my soul! Now learn to wield the weight of thine immortal shield...
— Andrew Marvell