z

Young Writers Society

A Series of Short Fanfics

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:36 pm
Lilith says...

The whole idea is to find something creative to do as a side project while I work on Please Don't Rest Tonight (check it out, you know you should). And the first idea that came to mind was to do a series of songfics based on some of my fave tunes (being of the punkie, indie veriety). I was wondering, though, does this sound like an idea that would attract a reading audience.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:55 am
Jay says...

I don't know much about songfics, but the idea sounds interesting to me and I think anything has a certain audience. Good luck!

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:10 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Heh, I am totally doing that myself. I don't know about readership because I've only done 2 so far - I got some good feedback on them because I post them around on LJ a lot..
What I did was, I opened media player and put shuffle on, wrote down 100 random songs (not instrumentals though) and I'm going through them writing little ficlets based loosely on each song. It's actually a lot of fun if you can deal with being a bit restricted.

What would the fanfics be about?

I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held