z

Young Writers Society

Forbidden Violets

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:48 am
Angel of Death says...

Okay so I'm known for starting a new story when I'm already writing one. I was thinking about writing another book called Obsession instead of Forbidden Violets but then I told myself that I would break the cycle.

Basically, Forbidden Violets is about an eighteen year old girl named Corina who is a were-wolf princess. She was born on the Moon's birthday and a prophecy said that 'On the day of the moon, the Goddess Selene shall be reincarnated.' Well anyways, I came up with this story because for a while I've been thinking about coming up with my own little myth about the North Star until I finally figured out that my Roman mythology and my love for vampires and werewolves will help me out. I didn't write the myth down but instead I had a great idea. I decided that I wanted to write a book. So to make a long story short its called Forbidden Violets and its kinda still sitting in my portfolio and it got a lot of views but really I need to know what others think. Someone commented that it was like Blood & Chocolate a book that I haven't read but if it is I promise that it would be so different and with your help it can be great.

Summary: An eighteen year old were-wolf princess is forced out of her kingdom when she kills her arranged husband's father to save her cousin Daniel. By law, if you kill one of your own kind for any reason you are either exiled or sentenced to death. Alexandru, Corina's head-over-heels husband can't seem to kill his love so he uses his rank as King and exiles Corina. Nowhere to go, Corina follows her cousin and his girlfriend, Beth, to Violet Hill, Pennsylvania (town name inspired by Coldplay) where she magically meets up with her mother. Corina meets her two siblings, Leila, a fourteen year old drama queen and Apollo a sixteen going on seventeen year old loner who is the only one besides his mom who turns into a wolf. Daniel and Beth move close by, and soon Beth, a budding band producer discovers, Tainted Memory, an alternative group consisting of four boys Orlando Cook, Shane Keys, Mark Dustin, and the mysterious John Mirren. Corina finds herself getting into arguments with John and soon they fall in love. But then there's a problem, not only are both Corina and John keeping secrets about how different they are but Corina already belongs to another man who will fight to the death for her. This story is about finding love when it is forbidden and its about knowing who you are when you're painted to be someone else.

Please, I will appreciate it people checked it out and tell me what you thought of it. If you do decide to read it and critique it, know that Forbidden Violet Chapter two has nothing to do with the first two parts of Ch. one. I recently edited both parts of chapter one which means I took out a lot of things...so ignore Chapter two.

Here's the links

Chapter One-
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic32465.html
Chapter One Part Two-
topic32590.html

[spoiler]Tainted Memory is a band that consists of Vampires.[/spoiler]
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:43 am
Angel of Death says...

*pokes with a stick*
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

I'm also not sure why but even though I normally wear cool tones I have a feeling red would have been my color in the 1860s.
— Elinor