z

Young Writers Society

Need an object

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:20 am
volleychik992 says...

I have everything planned out in my story, except for one essential thing. I need an object that would relate to the Paris Opera, something very valuable either sentimentally or in terms of worth or both, that would lead an actor on a quest to get it, even at the risk of others' lives. P.S. it takes place in France, 1919.
Last edited by volleychik992 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A people without history is like wind in the buffalo grass."

-Sioux Proverb

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:23 am
chocoholic says...

This is something that you should figure out for yourself, or it may be something that will reveal itself as you write. I would suggest that you d some research into the time to see what was going on, that may help you figure it out.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

8 Reviews

Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:26 pm
volleychik992 says...

I edited my first post--it came out as a much different request, because I was reluctant to give specifics on my story. Weird habit.

-Sioux Proverb

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:11 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Sounds interesting.

I would say that you need to figure this out yourself, but here's a suggestion:

Maybe the actor is in an opera where they use a real artifact, like if it's about King Aurthur, they really have excalibur or something and use it. Please don't actually use that, though, because it's dumb.

8 Reviews

Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:45 am
volleychik992 says...

Thank you so much. I have had writer's block on this for so long... but that's a really good one.

Any more suggestions?

-Sioux Proverb

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:48 am
Avens Dolor says...

Must it have something to do with Opera directly? I mean, just because he's an actor doesn't necessarily mean that the only thing he values is in theater. It could be something from childhood, something that relates this his parents or his past. It could even be a loved one--wife or sister.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:25 am
Jay says...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking-it could be a person. Maybe a dead ancestor, or one of his descendants from the future?

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien