z

Young Writers Society

Cammie's Asylum

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:04 pm
cammie4 says...

So it's summer, which for me means "WRITING WRITING WRITING." I started the month with a story that randomly popped into my head, and I love it, but whenever I try to explain it to someone, they're like, "You are too smart for your own good," and "Email it to me later," and "Huh?" Seriously, what is so confusing about the aftermath of WWIII where the western hemisphere has been blown to smithereens and human mutants live in poverty and a half-mutant girl comes to lives with a non-mutant woman and stuff happens? (SARCASM!!!) I really love that story, and it has the perfect idea for romance! Anyway, that's the first sign that I'm crazy, because I can't explain my story in one sentence.

Sign #2: Two nights ago I had like THE most INTENSE dream of my LIFE. Seriously, like I woke up calling for my brother (who is three years younger than me, so that's pretty sad). In that dream, I totally felt like I was really about to die. And it was so DETAILED. I can remember exactly what the spaceships looked like, what the briefing room looked like, what the guns looked like... I mean if I could draw, I could draw everything out... it was crazy awesome. And so I was like, "This must be a sign." I wrote down the entire dream (which takes up one page in Word without breaks or enters or whatever) so I wouldn't forget. I'm currently outlining the story in my head and coming up with names for the characters (since I already know what they look like and a little about their personality and motivation).

Gah, I just... it's so awesome. Last night I was hoping hoping hoping that I would dream about it again, so I could more understand the story. (I didn't dream it again). So yeah, I am officially crazy, hence the title "Cammie's Asylum."

Wish me luck on my character building and outlining! (If anyone reads this and has suggestions for character names, please post!!!)
Last edited by cammie4 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:17 pm
Rei says...

Seriously, what is so confusing about the aftermath of WWIII where the western hemisphere has been blown to smithereens and human mutants live in poverty and a half-mutant girl comes to lives with a non-mutant woman and stuff happens?

You honestly don't see what could be confusing about that? If you want people to be interested, think of what they like. Pitch it to them in that way. Besides, you can't expect non-writers to be as excited about working on a project as we are.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

16 Reviews

Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:38 pm
cammie4 says...

Um, I was kind of being sarcastic about that.... maybe it wasn't obvious....

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:44 pm
Rei says...

No, it wasn't. Sarcasm rarely if ever appears clearly on line.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

16 Reviews

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:45 pm
cammie4 says...

OK, well I fixed it now.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:56 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

I love dreams that turn into stories. :D It's like a freebie.

Good luck! The WWIII story sounds awesome, and I actually wasn't confused by it...does that make me crazy too?
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:28 am
thunder_dude7 says...

The WWIII story isn't THAT complicated, you just kind of...made it seem that way.

That dream you had was really cool. I wish I had dreams like that.

Unfortunetly for me, if I tried to write the most complicated dream I've had out, it would run into some copyright issues. This is how it went:

I was a student at Hogwarts(Copyright issue #1), and I was skating along paths of ice. The sabertooth tiger from "Ice Age"(Copyright issue #2) was skating on a path next to mine, complimenting me on my magic. Suddenly, a gap appeared on my path, and I fell into a lake. The loch ness monster began chasing me, but then a flying Pikachu(Copyright issue #3) came and saved me.

Also, when I was 5 or something, I had a dream that that evil guy from "Toy Story 2" - you know, Buzz Lightyear's nemesis? Don't ask -was holding me captive. I managed to convince him that he should let me go, and I ran home, but then a lion on roler skates came and threw me onto the front lawn. And that's when I woke up.

Yeah. I have dumb dreams.

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:30 pm
Luvzi12 says...

cammie4 wrote:Wish me luck on my character building and outlining! (If anyone reads this and has suggestions for character names, please post!!!)

Characters for your dream or for the WWIII story? What kind of names are you looking for? Unique names, strange names, normal human names?

xxx

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:58 pm
Krupp says...

Most of my stories have appeared to me first as dreams that I twisted into different ideas...

That's why I love sleeping so much.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

71 Reviews

Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:32 pm
Luvzi12 says...

Haha I agree with you Krupp!

16 Reviews

Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:53 pm
cammie4 says...

lyrical_sunshine: Maybe we're both crazy! :P

thunder_dude7: That's funny! Fortunately all my dreams with copyright issues would never make good stories (eg. my dream in which King Kong was attacking me and seven other people in a department store). Try drinking soda before bed, it sometimes works, lol!

Luvzi12: Well, now I need character names for a different story. I want kind of unique names, but not weird ones like "Gustaff" or whatever. Names that are nice and not weird-sounding.

Krupp: Totally! I have a newfound love of sleeping now.

Well, the dream story is on hold because I still can't figure out whose point of view I should write it from. In the meantime, I've thought of a new story which kind of combines other ideas I've had in the past. It had a slow start, but now that I've finally outlined and named the antagonist/love interest, I feel so inspired to write! But unfortunately, my writing time has been interrupted frequently. Don't people know they're disturbing the creative process? Haha, I told my mom that and she just blinked at me.

By the way: Jamieson Grey. Does that sound like an 18-year-old boy with insomnia, who loves to eat junk food, hates his adoptive father, and does not talk very much? My brother prefers Greyson, but I really like Jamieson...

71 Reviews

Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:49 pm
Luvzi12 says...

Jamieson reminds me of 'Babeson', a fake name from the TV show 'Dirty Sexy money'. I prefer the name, but that's not really important, just thought I would mention it hehe! But, I do prefer the name 'Jameson', instead of 'Jamieson', the 'i' is bugging me.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:40 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

cammie4 wrote: Don't people know they're disturbing the creative process? Haha, I told my mom that and she just blinked at me.

Mothers don't get it. Really, they don't. My mom complains that I'm on the computer all the time, and it's like, "Well, duh, I'm finishing a novel that's going to make me MILLIONS some day!"

Hehehe. Just kidding.

And for the boy's name, do you mean Jameson Gray? 'Cause I don't think 'Jamieson' is a real name.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:40 pm
gamechanger10 says...

Like lyrical sunshine said, mothers never understand unless they're writers themselves...

Mine is not. Obviously. She hates it when I'm on the computer typing for more than an hour.
I doubt she even knows what I'm doing.
She probably expects me to be on youtube watching pointless videos (not that I don't do that too).

Others hardly ever understand what your doing.

I feel your pain!
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:50 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Try drinking soda before bed, it sometimes works, lol!

Maybe when I finish the novel I'm working on now. I really shouldn't have more than three novels going on at once.

There’s always a story. It’s all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything’s got a story in it. Change the story, change the world.
— Terry Pratchett