z

Young Writers Society

Harmony's Summer Writing Adventures

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:34 pm
HarmonicWriting says...

School's out and summer's in which means that there's tons of time for me to be writing. This thread is going to be a place for me to post my updates, what troubles I'm having, and any attempts at publishing that I make.

At the moment, I'm writing one novel and rewriting another. The novel I'm writing is called The Importance of Photographs and it's about a teenage girl who suffers from depression. It's also about how sometimes there can be a person who changes our lives without either realizing it and how sometimes a person can mean more to you than they'll ever know, which can hurt.

I'm rewriting Breaking the Curse which is about a girl who becomes a vampire on her 13th birthday due to a curse. After I rewrite it a couple times, I plan on attempting to publish it. Hopefully I'll be agent searching by December.

I also want to try my hand at writing essays, articles and short stories. I want to try entering some contests too.

-Harmony

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:14 am
Meep says...

Good luck with your writing goals. Be sure to keep us updated. :)

edit: Oh! I saw your review for Defying the Diva on Amazon.com (which I found via your website, which is really cool).
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

11 Reviews

Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:59 pm
HarmonicWriting says...

^^Thanks, Meep :)

Anyway, I'm writing Chapter Seven of Photographs. The only problem is that I can't get passed the beginning. You see, there's all of these flashbacks to this store that the MC used to hang out at, to show how much it and the 3 teens working there meant to her, and almost everything actually DID happen to me, and this particular flashback, which vital to the plot, makes me super-emotional. Everyone time I write a couple paragraphs, I'll just start daydreaming of the time that it actually happened and of the people that were there for me. What happens is that the MC has a breakdown of sorta, saying how she can't take it anymore, and Jake, who's a sophmore, and Melissa, who's a senior, are there for her and help he figure things out. (The MC is 13.) When it really happened, it was the first time I realized that they really did care about me. But it was a really emotional time for me and I'm struggling with writing it.

I think I'm getting through it. I'm forcing myself to finish that flashback tonight so that I can move on with the story. I really want to get it finished by August.

I also put Breaking the Curse (the vampire novel I'm rewriting) on the backburner AGAIN. I plan on having it completely rewritten by September though, so I can let my friends read it and everything, but at this rate, I don't know. I need to finish Photographs. Or, atleast, write 25k words in it so that I win the contest. Which shouldn't be TOO hard.

I hope.

-Harmony

11 Reviews

Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:08 pm
HarmonicWriting says...

Wow....I haven't posted in this forever.

Anyway, I put the vampire novel I was rewriting on the backburner while I was trying to get 25k of the other novel in two months.

I didn't end up getting 25k, mainly because I was grounded for a while and couldn't get to the computer. But while I was grounded, I realize I was writing the novel all wrong. I needed to start from the beginning. AGAIN.

I've never done that before so I was hesitant but I decided that it needed to be done so that novel is a lot longer and more complex and just all around better.

At the moment, I'm writing in my notebook so I can take it with me on vacation and I'm a few pages in. I'm already liking it a lot better.

When I finish it, I plan on sending it to a few people for critiques while I rewrite my other novel. Right now, I have two people I'm sending it to. I was wondering if there was anyone here who would be interested in doing that. I need someone who can give a detailed critique on things like character and plot development and other big things, not the little sentence-structure things. So if you're interested, sned me a PM. I'd like to talk to you a bit beforehand.

-Harmony

Perfect kindness acts without thinking of kindness.
— Lao Tse