z

Young Writers Society

A story of mine that I hope to type up anyday...

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:23 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

This is it:

In the kingdom of Azila it’s tradition for the youngest prince to become king but it’s also tradition that if the older prince marries, if the younger hasn’t married at the age of seventeen he is to pass the crown straight to the older prince.
Now with a beautiful princess on the way will the ounger prince love her or will the older loss his heart and steal hers’ for his?
Now, with both princes almost alike how will the princess tell which is which by candle light?

This is a summery for a story I wish to start. Here are the character profiles for the whole story.

Bato/Beast
Older prince

-16 almost 17 ears of age
-Dark brown hair
-A hansome dark green with a hint of blue eyes
*He visit’s the princess in the night.
*He doesn’t exactly like her at first but his feelings for her grew.
*In the very end he tells her he loves her from the depths of his soul and explains that it’s always been him in the night.
*He has duties to attend to attend to during the day unlike his younger brother.
*He doesn’t really want to be king. He’d rather be in waiting for the crown his whole life and work as he does now.
-Beauty
-Horse rides

Ian/William
Younger prince

-15 years of age
-Brown hair
-Livley green eyes
*Quite annoyed by the princess.
*He has to marry before he’s 17 or his older brother will automatically gain the crown.
*During the day the princess follows hi around like a chick to a mother hen.
Dislikes
-Riding horses
-Balls
-Anything that deals with learning

Beauty
Princess

-15 years of age
-Dirty blond hair
-Unbeleivably golden brown eyes(more golden than anything)
*Will tell older prince how much she loves younger prince (It’s truly the older prince she’s in love with)
*All she loves about the younger prince is all the older prince.
-Reading
-The Prince *Duh!* (Which one though?)
-Horse back riding
-Moonlight
-Balls

So what do you think?
-Amber
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:31 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

I know this sounds harsh, so please don't be offended, but what I think is that you need to write it before it can be commented on.

I get what you mean, it's nice to have people say they'd read what you're writing before you go and spend a lot of time on it, so you know you're not wasting your time, but it's really important to remember that your plan can look very different to the finished product. Characters tend to take on a life of their own, so it can be hard to envisage the whole outcome.

The best advice I can give you is to just write. Anything you write can be edited later, but you can't edit nothing. Even if the story doesn't work the way you want it to, you can rewrite it.

If you really care about a project it's important that you write, no matter what, or it will go stale. If nothing else, it will be practise, and practise is essential for good writing. Talent will only get you so far.

This is good advice. (Trust me!) If I'd only take it myself all the time instead of half the time, I'd be doing well!

Hope this helps.

Jas
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

It's a dramatic situation almost every time you answer the phone—if you answer the phone.
— Matthew Weiner