z

Young Writers Society

How long is/was your longest story?

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:58 am
khfan890 says...

Mine (and the only finished novel I have) was 98k, and in the process of editing, will get a little bit longer, but I don't think much longer.
Death is no respecter of persons. Just felt like saying that.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:28 am
Fishr says...

Word count is about 230,000. I say about because I no longer keep an eye on it. Including though the writing on the graphics (newsprint), my WC is probably fetching 230,000 plus words to be exact.

The prelude years of the American Revolution will kick your butt. XD

As for pages? I no longer look at that either, lol! My guess I have about two hundred to two hundred and fifty pages. Can't imagine what the WC will be in the second half of the war itself. Rotten characters. XD
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:58 am
~Volant~ says...

A novel is anything past 100 pages, so maybe, um, 70,000? more or less. i dunno. I suck at math. haha

My longest story was about 30,000 words. I haven't finished it....lol
Where are we going?

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:55 pm
Krupp says...

369 pages; I haven't a clue what the word count could be.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:42 pm
onceuponatim3xo says...

I feel like my stories are so short!

Word count is about 230,000. I say about because I no longer keep an eye on it. Including though the writing on the graphics (newsprint), my WC is probably fetching 230,000 plus words to be exact.

Geez!

It took me over a year to finish mine. Does it help any that I was only 12/13 years old though? I've improved quite a bit since then, all thanks to YWS. :D
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
-Buddha

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon May 05, 2008 4:34 am
This_is_history says...

I filled up a whole 3 subject notebook, but then I lost it. Sigh.
"I move the stars for no one."
-Jareth

"You say this Labyrinth's a peice of cake? Well let's see how you deal with this little slice."
-Jareth

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Tue May 06, 2008 2:36 am
MidnightVampire says...

^ I feel for you. I wrote my best short story ever, and then I lost it. Along with all my other writing in that journal. Not as bad, but it still sucks.
The longest I've ever written (though, technically, this was with my friend, ) is going around 230-245 pages right now. I'm not putting up word count because I'm afraid that my freind will look at character count. The longest I've ever written by myself it about 90 pages of pure, untyped, unedited, suckiness (I ditched it when it was almost done. Maybe I'll go back to it sometime.)

An aknoledged novel is 50,000 words. I congradulate anyone who gets there or-even better-past it.
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Tue May 06, 2008 2:42 am
LunaBuna43 says...

About 24,000. Not exactly sure but it's somewhere around there and still going...
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:40 am
Kisonakl says...

My longest one so far, that I wrote 2 yrs ago, was 61,000 words long, but it was terrible. I mean god-awful high-fantasy stuff with misplaced teen angst and comedy.

My serious attempt, right now, stands at 46,000 words, but I'm aiming for 85-90,000 by the time I'm done with the first draft. I -think- it's better :).

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:34 pm
gamechanger10 says...

I'm not sure how many words it was, because my longest story was all handwritten. It was 329 pages, though, and I wrote it in 4th grade. It was terrible and I just dropped it in mid-sentence.
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:55 pm
Meep says...

My longest story was 50,000-something. Just long enough to beat NaNoWriMo and then some. :oops: I'm lazy like that.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:13 am
bc3553 says...

my longest was about 95,000, but my computer crashed. :roll: it wasn't that good anyway.
i'm at about 15,000 in the story i'm working on now.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:24 am
alwaysawriter says...

My longest story was over a hundred notebook pages. No idea how many words; I was ten. :)
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:59 am
Gladius says...

My current I-absolutely-adore-and-spend-like-all-my-free-time-on-even-neglecting-my-current-YWS-story is about 55 k words. I'm so proud. :D :D :D *huggles story*

Alainna wrote:It took me over a year to finish mine. Does it help any that I was only 12/13 years old though?

*snort* The only things I've ever "finished" (even at that age) were school projects. I think the longest of those was, like, 8 or 9 handwritten double spaced pages for my 5th grade English teacher. >.<
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:52 am
Jay says...

25,330 words for my longest story (44 pages). It's definitely not a short story, but if it's a novel then it's a very short one.

'This must be Thursday,' said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer. 'I never could get the hang of Thursdays.'
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy