z

Young Writers Society

Im having some trouble finishing my book =/

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:19 pm
TheWordsmith says...

You really want advice? Well, here goes.

My cures for writer's block:

1. Just write. Junk write. Write for a set time frame (10-15 min for me) and write whatever comes to mind. How bored you are, about that new charector that came to mind, ect.

2. Sleep. Sleeping= dreams= ideas for me. It might for you, too!

3. Read. If nothing else, this works.

These have been proven to work for me. Your method may be different *shrugs* but I did my best.
Bad spellars of the world, untie! - T-shirt

Join iSpy! Click here!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:52 am
Avens Dolor says...

A lot of people have suggested taking a short break from working on your novel, and while I agree it's best to note that it should be a reasonable break. Sometimes, like the old cliche about getting back on the horse, you just need to ride it out. If you've taken a break (a few days, say) and you're still dreading going back, then you need to just lock the door, plant yourself in that chair, and say "I'm not leaving till I get out 1,000 words (or 500 or 250, whatever seems reasonable to you)". It doesn't matter if you have to skip to a new scene, or break from any plot you might have down. Sometimes, when the words aren't coming, it means that your perspective needs to shift.

The continuation of our world depends more on the survival of the kindest than it does on the survival of the fittest.
— Arcticus