z

Young Writers Society

Krupp's Corner

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:06 pm
Krupp says...

Okay, I might as well keep this just in case. I'm writing and planning out a novella/novel that I have yet to put a name to.

But let's start, shall we?

Day 1 - April 7, 2008
Started writing untitled novel. Plot ideas revolving around young college musicians forming a band. Nothing else to say so far. Two main Characters have emerged. The Narrator, Chad Palma, and Jessie Portwood.

If you have any ideas or something that can be contributed to aiding me in this novel, such as names of really great old-school bands or new-school bands/artists that are really innovative, lemme know. Could use the help.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

160 Reviews

Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:37 pm
Krupp says...

April 13th-

I've gotten lazy, but I'm back at it. I was too busy writing music on my computer to just write the novel; I was really cranking out the music, too. Seven songs in two days is pretty intense. But I'm back on track, and I'm writing the best I can. I'll try to finish up 5000 words in the novel so that it can be put in the advanced critiques section. I hope. I mean, it's April 13th; 13 is my lucky number, and I just started listening to a real great band called Porcupine Tree, so that really boosts my morale....and to top it off, only three weeks left in the semester before summer break.

The story hasn't changed too much; Chad Palma is planning on spending the second day of his break with Mitch Reimer. So far, the story has revealed that Palma is a musician on the side, recording with a few other guys every now and then and releasing their music on the internet...
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

160 Reviews

Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:26 pm
Krupp says...

April 15th-

Damned determined to post my novel in the advanced critiques page today. Only a bit more of it needs to be written, and then we'll go there. Crazy things happening lately; my musical project Severe Catalyst is really shining right now, and I'm devoting a ton of time to that. It's hard to write a novel and music at the same time. I'm just starting to learn that.

But it WILL be up today. I can guarantee that.

160 Reviews

Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:27 pm
Krupp says...

April 17th-

Put the story up on the advanced critiques section. Can't help but notice not one damn person has even bothered with it so far. But then again, I guess my stuff is far too boring to be on this website in the first place...

Thinking about starting another piece as well. I'm not sure so far. It's only a thought. Maybe some kind of sci-fi/fantasy idea. A supernatural piece. It's in my head, anyways; writing it down won't do too much. But who knows? We'll see what the future holds.

160 Reviews

Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:29 pm
Krupp says...

April 29-

Snuck two poems in today in thepoem section. One was written weeks ago while the other was written today as half of a larger poem/piece. It's called "Parting Shot: Mrs. Mary Need Not Pray" and I really wish I could tell you what exactly ran through my head when I wrote it. I was pissed off, and it sounds like APC combined with a lot of other bands' works. Maybe APC, Tool, and Porcupine Tree. I don't know, it's something like that. The other half I'll post another time.

Not that it matters much, because I'm sure not many are reading this anyways...

160 Reviews

Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:19 pm
Krupp says...

Posted up the next segment of Keep it Cool. No one's read it yet or even downloaded it, yet my hopes are high. I have no idea what I'm going to do about the next few chapters; sort of in a feeling out process. How far do I go with Chad? Do I make him seem as human as the next guy, or do I take something about him and twist it? I honestly have no idea, and so I'm stuck at the moment.

Haven't written a good poem in a long time. Maybe I'll stop writing poems for good; I'm just not feeling them anymore, like I use to.

Really digging Disturbed's new CD. I'm not much one for really mainstream stuff anymore, but at least THESE guys aren't dying yet.

Sever Catalyst is done completely. A new project is going to be going underway most likey. Maybe I should start putting up a blog for this stuff...

NOTE: Another interesting thing before I go. A post of mine in the politics/breaking news section got edited. I've seen plenty of kids cursing on here in the few months I've been on here, and for some reason, my mild vugarities had more of an impact. I honestly have no idea what that means for me.

Does anybody else passive-aggressively refresh the page to see if anything you said made it into the quote generator?
— GrandWild