z

Young Writers Society

Eimear's projects

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:18 pm
Eimear says...

Hey, I've got so much in my head that I thought I'd follow suit and start one of these, just to really show my progress ect at writing.

Got a few things going on, asides homework and the dreaded coursework- which I have, of course left to the last minute and I am hastily finishing now...

1. Re-editing and possible re-write of my first novel
2. Begining my second- which I am very excited about
3.Writing poems everyday
4.Trying to keep a journal
5. Also reading as much as I can to help me (I've just finished Attonement and started The Bell Jar)

And finally trying to keep my head above the swimming mass of balled up peices of paper flooding my room!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:34 pm
Tyd says...

Good-luck :o Lots of people are doing the poem-a-day thing it seems :) Maybe try poem-a-week and work hardddd on it, so that it's really good, instead of maybe writing out a half-attempted poem :P?

I dunno, i'm just rambling :D Look forward to seeing some progress :D
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:27 am
Rakun says...

Yeah, I always read and keep a journal which I jot down my ideas. Thanks for the piece of advice
Don't matter what, just WRITE!

Do you YWS?

344 Reviews

Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:51 pm
View Likes
Eimear says...

So my progress has somewhat condensed itself as my schoolwork load mounts up towards my exams...ekk....

1. Slow but sure development of my novel- I have a title and I'm sticking to it thank God- Adding more description to my chapters, fleshing out on the prose in general, more humour, more feeling. Everything in it has deepened and darkened considerably.

2. Finished the Bell Jar and now ordered 'Ariel' by Sylvia Plath- reading 'The Book Thief' for twenty minutes or so at night.

3.Writing a poem whenever an idea merges with a beat of rhythm in my head.

4. Trying to stick to my vow of becoming a successful writer no matter what.

Eimear

Oscar Wilde.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:55 pm
teenweirdo says...

Good job with sticking with a title. For my novel, I keep switching titles because so many of them seem to fit with my story even when I've plotted it all out. Grr. :(

Anyways, nice progress. I tend to veer off topic sometimes when I have too many things to think about. :)
"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need."

-The Rolling Stones

344 Reviews

Thu May 08, 2008 5:35 pm
Eimear says...

I think it's time for another update.

Wow, where is all it coming from? Since my birthday and the start of spring/summer I've had a creative burst that seems to be relentless.

1.Poetry is coming out of my ears, not all of it very good, but getting down on paper nonetheless. It's great. Funny because I'm not feeling particulary happier than normal, though I guess I'm begining to realize after the summer I only have one more year left at school. Then on to read english and psychology. I can't wait.

2.Writing two new stories that I'm uber excitied about. It's wierd because there two completely different teenage voices and stories, one girl, one boy, and yet I still seem to manage to keep them separate. Check out 'One for sorrow' and the second Chapter 'Two for Joy' if at all interested.

3.Editing my first novel. Dear God its annoying me so much. I hate it! But I love it the most at the same time. The characters feel like family. I was sick last week and spent the whole week in bed editing away. Progress! It should be ready for sending away by the end of June.

4.Reading 'The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2008' and, for the third time 'How I live Now' by Meg Rosoff and 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak.

Anyway, I must dash. I have serious AS Levels looming and I'm sinking under lack of study!

Eimear

Oscar Wilde.

I am deeply disturbed by your ability to meow.
— Carina