Young Writers Society

Welcome to Alainna's imagination.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:40 pm
View Likes
Alainna says...

19/11/07

I've been ill for the good part of a week and have therefore not completed Part 13. Having said this, I am trying my best to get somewhere with it and will have it posted by the end of the month.

Any suggestions or general help is always welcomed.

Alainna
xxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:26 am
View Likes
chocoholic says...

It's been a while. I hope you're better and ready to post 13. I really want to read it, your story has me hooked!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

410 Reviews

Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:05 pm
View Likes
Alainna says...

29/12/07

Good news - the holidays have allowed me to concentrate on my writing a bit more, so part 14 will be posted by Tuesday!

Please, please feel free to post suggestions on this thread and feedback on certain parts or things you want to see.

Thanks,
Alainna
xx

Got YWS?

516 Reviews

Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:43 am
View Likes
chocoholic says...

Okay, you're killing me here. When do we get part 15? When?
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

410 Reviews

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:12 pm
View Likes
Alainna says...

15/1/08

Sorry choc!! I've had my GCSE's and I have more to come, along with coursework so I'm very behind. I know I'm unreliable with my dates so I won't set one. I promise you'll be the first to know when part 15 is up.

In the mean time, if you could give me any feedback on what you'd like to see (especially flashbacks and what-not) I would be eternally grateful.

Alainna
xxxx

Got YWS?

516 Reviews

Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:37 am
chocoholic says...

Yay! I'm going to be the first! Haha!

It's okay if you have exams. I mean, I know how important they are. And I haven't even started getting exams, and I'm already worrying about my VCE's (last year of schooling exams- you need a good score to do law, which is what I want to do).

I'd love to see more of her friends! Her girlfriends haven't been in it for ages!

Good luck on you exams!

410 Reviews

Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:03 am
Alainna says...

24/2/08

Part 15 is posted. Part 16 is still not even written let alone typed. I'm thinking of doing a girly scene with Sarah, maybe out shopping.

Other than that I only have three more scenes to go and then Lyla is finished and ready for editing. I'm fairly happy because I have some new ideas floating around and they are not happy that they're second to Lyla.

Editing will hopefully take place this summer, if I finish by then. I'm going to try to have Part 16 up by mid March, as after that I have some serious revising to do and I know I wont get it up during that time.

I'll update soon.

Alainna
xx

Got YWS?

410 Reviews

Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:17 am
View Likes
Alainna says...

7/4/08

I can't believe that it has been two months since I last posted any of Lyla. My sincere apologies to those who read it. I am so disorganised at the moment that writers block is all that I have had for what feels like forever.

According to my notebook, I have about six or so scenes to put in before Lyla is complete and ready for editing. None of those include flashbacks, so I'd like you to tell me if you think flashbacks are a good idea to stick in.

I'm also going to start work on a new novel in the summer. I've had the idea rattling around my head for months; more on that to come.

A short story is possibly on the way as well. Just a one or two post thing to keep me going.

Other than that, all I have to say is that the next post of Lyla won't be until I have written a few parts so there isn't so much of a wait between posts. Perhaps end of April.

Any suggestions, please post here.

Alainna
xxx

Got YWS?

516 Reviews

Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:06 am
chocoholic says...

I need more!!!

I'm sorry, but I really need more of Lyla, it's killing me waiting.

When is more coming?

410 Reviews

Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:32 pm
View Likes
Alainna says...

Should have part 17 posted very soon - no need to wait too long for this part. I promise to pm you first once it's posted!

xxxx

Got YWS?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
— Bilbo Baggins