z

Young Writers Society

SAS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:52 pm
magiclukehutch says...

I'm writing a fiction story about an SAS team that is sent to Iran to destroy military factories and Nuclear Research Departments. Then they discover that Iran have a nuclear weapon and there new mission is to retrieve it. But then they discover that there is a mole in the team.

Will they save they succeed in there mission and get out alive?

Do you like that?
Always happy to help!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:27 pm
Emerson says...

I'm...not compeltely sure this is the place for questions like these—More like writing tips or something.

I'd like it if it was science fiction, AS IN you knew a lot about the chemistry involved in nuclear weapons and it has a lot to do with that sort of thing, only because Chemistry is so fun! :lol: Otherwise...It's just another thriller novel, maybe? I'd have to read it to see if I would like it, ha ha ha. :-D
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:46 pm
magiclukehutch says...

Claudette wrote:I'm...not compeltely sure this is the place for questions like these—More like writing tips or something.

I'd like it if it was science fiction, AS IN you knew a lot about the chemistry involved in nuclear weapons and it has a lot to do with that sort of thing, only because Chemistry is so fun! :lol: Otherwise...It's just another thriller novel, maybe? I'd have to read it to see if I would like it, ha ha ha. :-D

I think this story would go under Action/Adventure because the SAS (Special Air Service) are UK Special Forces. They're the best type of army.

Luke 8)
Always happy to help!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:32 am
Firestarter says...

The chances of they're being a mole in the SAS is pretty much zero, but use it if you want. I'm not saying it because I'm patriotic, but because the selective procedure is so tough they'd weed out someone who didn't really want it.

Also, the chances of the SAS being sent in solo to knock out military facilities is pretty much zero, too. Without support, they'd just die, no matter how good they are. The Iranian army would surround them and destroy them and their success would be limited.

They're better at more low-scale, technical operations -- hostage situations, small building sieges, grabbing a target, etc.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:37 am
Snoink says...

I know this sounds REALLY pathetic, but SAS means Side-Angle-Side to me. Um... yeah.

What does it stand for?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:40 am
Firestarter says...

Special Air Service, like he mentioned.

It's actually a pretty much nothing name -- the only reason they were named that originally is because when they were created (in World War 2) they were hidden as an extra unit deployable by aircraft. At first, they did use parachutes, but it was not effective. But they kept the name, and it confused the Germans enough.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Carpe Diem
— Catullus