z

Young Writers Society

Lilyy's scribblings

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:10 pm
Lilyy03 says...

So. After a couple unsuccessful attempts at writing novels (or very long short stories) over the years, I've decided to try doing it properly. ^_^ I think my lack of success before was because I lacked planning and perseverance. The planning part I'm working on now (with the snowflake process), and I can only hope that I'll have the perseverance. :D

I actually have two ideas right now--they're both fantasy, and I've done some outlining and character building for each of them. One takes place during the Great Depression; three children discover a magic that makes their imaginings real. The other is about magic and supernatural creatures appearing in a world that's apparently hurtling towards an apocalypse (I'm still not sure if this one would take place in a futuristic "real world", or a fantasy world). I only want to do one at a time, though... I'll see how they each go.

So there's my sketchy beginning. ^_^

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:21 am
Myth says...

Good luck, Lily.

It is always great to start character development, etc, before the actual writing. I know it helps me a lot.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

116 Reviews

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:10 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Thanks Myth! It does seem to be helping a lot... Though I have actually started writing the prologue and first chapter even though I haven't finished outling... I couldn't help myself. Lol.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:24 am
Elelel says...

YAY!!! Everyone loves a prologue! Your ideas sound interesting! Good luck with the new planning tactics!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

116 Reviews

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:22 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Thanks Elelel :D

I'm a bit psyched about my second idea (the one about supernatural creatures) at the moment. Yesterday I finally though up a would-be scientific explanation for magic appearing in that world, what that magic would do, and how humans could possibly use it. I also had luck with names--I thought of a possible title for the novel (Rob the Skies), as well as first and last names for some of the main characters. Last but not least, I have an idea for how the whole thing ends.

So yeah, I guess I've made progress!

As for the actual outling... Mm, I'm plodding along. It's not terribly exciting yet. :P

"You're wrong about humanity. They are your greatest creation because they're better than you are. Sure, they're weak, and they cheat and steal and destroy and disappoint, but they also give and create, and they sing and dance and love. Above all, they never give up."
— Metatron