z

Young Writers Society

Dreaming Deep?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:21 pm
Emerson says...

You can do it. And you know I would love to be a reader, don't you? I pine for your words--it's just that way.

And, ah, if I'm correct you called us your expensive friends ^_~ Chers verses cheris. The former being "expenives" and the latter being "darlings/dears" (both in the plural). haha.

I'm glad you're setting yourself such a fantastic goal. I could never manage it, either. I'll be surprised if Armin gets a full novel the way he deserves one, and will be terribly happy if you get a full draft. Then you can work towards the second. Please, try your hardest! And know I'm open to be a reader, or at the very least, you can flood me with writerly angst since I always seem to do so to you. Best of luck, all my wishes, and keep on the task as best as you can, oui? If you intend to finish, that is all you need, and you will finish.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:21 pm
View Likes
Dream Deep says...

Snoink wrote:Holy... this is awesome!

Hah, that's what you think! You haven't read this trash yet. ^_~

[On a random note, I'm going to start off very poorly and bend my own rule, ask you if you'd like to be a third reader? *smites self* Fifteen whole minutes in and I'm breaking rules, haha. But as you were there through the entire Kyra Crisis Stage, I would appreciate your thoughts. ^_^ (If you have the time, patience and tolerance, of course).]

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:22 pm
Snoink says...

But I adore your trash! Really.. I mean, if you think the Chair is not up to standards, then obviously your trash is my treasure, lol.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

504 Reviews

Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:23 pm
Dream Deep says...

Claudette wrote:You can do it. And you know I would love to be a reader, don't you? I pine for your words--it's just that way.

Dankeshon, mein Morgenstern. ^_^

(And, ah, sorry about the lovely French typo. =P)

504 Reviews

Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:25 pm
Dream Deep says...

Snoink wrote:But I adore your trash! Really.. I mean, if you think the Chair is not up to standards, then obviously your trash is my treasure, lol.

Haha, thank you. I still find your confidence totally misguided, but whatever you say, Snow Pig... ^_^'

Ja, then?

504 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:02 pm
Dream Deep says...

Inbox E-mail #3:

Dear [name],

It's something we don't often do, but after reading and discussing your poetry, the Editorial Advisory Board of the International Library of Poetry has nominated you for membership in the most exciting poetry organization in the world -- the International Society of Poets!

The Editorial Advisory Board wholeheartedly agrees that your poetic writings warrant a nomination to join the International Society of Poets -- a poetry organization that is world-renowned and dedicated to recognizing poetic talent such as yours...

...and so on.

--

I'm trying to decide if it's a scam. XD

No. I just decided. It has to be.

But am I sure? Not quite. I think I tried to get a scholarship from these people a while back. Now I'm all confused.

I think they're telling me I didn't win the scholarship, but all the same, I may feel free to sink money into their magazine and organization just for the sake of something to do?

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:20 pm
Poor Imp says...

Dream Deep wrote:Till, you get Chair and Piano Player chapters mailed to you...

Imp, you get Chair chapters emailed (or mailed) to you, whichever you'd prefer...

I should go write. o.o

Oy, and inconceivably, I seemed to have missed this. 0_o' Naturally, whichever's most convenient or preferable to the Deep Dreamer.^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:04 pm
Emerson says...

Dreamy>

You'll want to google the thing-y and try to find more info on it (I'll do some hunting if I have time. ^_~) before going one way or the other.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:39 pm
Trident says...

DD,

I believe the International Library of Poetry is connected to poetry.com, that odious vanity publisher. I'd stay away from it if I were you.
Perception is everything.

504 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:15 pm
Dream Deep says...

Heh, thanks Till, but I don't think you have to bother. After looking into this more, I'm going to agree with Tri. It gets banished to the deep, dark, recesses of the Junk Folder. ^~

Ah well.

False alarm.

I was all pleased, too.

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:35 pm
Trident says...

Sorry to take away the sunshine.

I have no doubt I'll see your name somewhere. ^_^
Perception is everything.

504 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:53 pm
Dream Deep says...

Hehe, we'll see.

And ditto that - right back at you. ^_^

504 Reviews

Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:16 pm
Dream Deep says...

Poor Imp wrote:Oy, and inconceivably, I seemed to have missed this. 0_o' Naturally, whichever's most convenient or preferable to the Deep Dreamer.^_^

Ah, thanks very much, Imp. ^_^

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:00 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Dreamy wrote:I have never met a deadline in the long, sad, history of literary deadlines.

I'm not sure I even know what deadlines are.

:wink:

But, go you!

I would set deadlines, I suppose, but I'd just break them. Though there are those pesky peoples smaur, Snoink, and Imp especially who are fantastic at guilting me into writing.

:P
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:05 am
Snoink says...

Caligula's Launderette wrote:
Dreamy wrote:I have never met a deadline in the long, sad, history of literary deadlines.

I'm not sure I even know what deadlines are.

:wink:

But, go you!

I would set deadlines, I suppose, but I'd just break them. Though there are those pesky peoples smaur, Snoink, and Imp especially who are fantastic at guilting me into writing.

:P

Now only if our guilting actually worked on Dreamy...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
— William Shakespeare