z

Young Writers Society

Dreaming Deep?

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:49 pm
Dream Deep says...

This is a nice forum idea, Nate, thanks. ^_^

Ah well... I've been procrastinating terribly with the main project at the moment. The main project, of course, being The Chair of Wind & Darkness, affectionately nicknamed "The Chair" and "CofW&D" by Imp, Myth, Gyr and the rest of them. ^_~ I could, of course, dodge the concept of procrastination and claim that I'm still waiting for more of Vetren'iy...

... But Imp has posted now, and left me without excuse. I've recieved a new deadline on it and an unnegotiable one - if it isn't handed in by this date, I lose half my English III Creative Writing grade. Eep! The deadline is set firmly and unhappily at January 26 (yes, of this year). And while I'm sure you're all pleased about this, about actually getting me to post something soon, I'm afraid I don't share your sentiments. ;)

That gives me ten days, to write, revise and type up the rest of the Chair. Knowing how ungodly slowly I write, this should be interesting. Welcome to the insanity, Mesdames et Messieurs - and the ten-day race for completion. I get the vague feeling I shall only be sleeping every other night for these two weeks.

(And when you're finished with the Chair, you ask? I'll find more projects and more deadlines to panic about in here. ^_^)
Last edited by Dream Deep on Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:51 pm
gyrfalcon says...

*picks up pom-poms and hefts a large sign that says "Go Dreamy!"*

You have a cheerleader, darling! *considers the horrible spectacle of herself in a cheerleader uniform, rejects concept* Well, a fan anyway. ;)
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:54 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Best of luck!!

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:55 pm
Poor Imp says...

You know, DD, that we're all waiting persistently and pleasantly to assist you with the CofW&D - assistance in the form of well-deserved encouragement and reams of endless critiques. ^_~

Perhaps if we alternate - every time you post something of the Chair, the Imp will be bound to post something with Tov in it? ^_^''

Good luck with the deadline. Deadlines are morbidly unfair. ^_~

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:03 pm
Wiggy says...

Considering the fact that it was originally due in August, I conclude that you are a hopeless procrastinator DD. :D

JUST LIKE ME!!!!!!!!

*cheers loudly*

Good luck! Man, that's gonna be hard! I know you can do it, though!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:16 am
Shafter says...

AAAUGH!!!

You just described my worst nightmare-- being rushed through something!

*picks up pom-poms and joins Dreamy's cheerleading squad*
GO DREAMY!!!!!!!!

Best of luck, keep us all posted!

Cheers, Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:03 pm
Firestarter says...

I work better with a deadline. Well, more productively anyway. Just set yourself small targets and reward yourself with small treats when you complete them. Keep doing that and eventually you'll finish.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:41 pm
Esmé says...

I agree with Shafter here. It's horrible.

Uhm. though I think it would do me good... I haven't written anything with the exception of an ending (my main character gets killed. 5 sentences, I counted).

Lol.

-elein

P.S. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

504 Reviews

Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:56 pm
Dream Deep says...

Thank you all, so much - encouragement, is after all, one half of making things possible; you have to believe they can work before anything. ^_~ And it would appear that I've got my own cheerleading squad. :razz: I love you guys, I really do.

^_^

Imp wrote:Perhaps if we alternate - every time you post something of the Chair, the Imp will be bound to post something with Tov in it? ^_^''

Tempting offer, tempting offer... I suppose I'll have to take you up on that, the pull of Tov is too great. ^_~

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:30 am
Alteran says...

If anyone can do it it's you DD!

I wish all the Luck and remember, we're Rooting for you!!!
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:36 am
Myth says...

Oh wow, good luck with The Chair, DD! I can't wait to read the rest once you're done and future porjects you'll be working on. :D
.: ₪ :.

'...'

504 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:21 pm
Dream Deep says...

Aw, thank you Adam and Myth. Your encouragement is half of what makes this seem possible. ^_^ ... though, when I get more posted it'll be your job to tear it all apart again, so it's a bit paradoxical. ^_~

402 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:04 pm
Wiggy says...

Hehe, paradoxes are good! :D

How far have you gotten? I betcha you're doin' grrrrrreat! :D

*breaks out with pompoms*
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie

Got YWS?

504 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:11 pm
Dream Deep says...

*sigh*

Well? I was up 'till three in the morning last night working on it? I'm going to try to get a redraft and continuation posted at some point over the next few days - it's the typing it off paper that's killing me, it takes so long.

And of course, one has to love redrafts. ^_~

402 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:17 pm
Wiggy says...

Oh yes-redrafts are the lifeblood of us writers.

Oh, and guess what? *bounces happily up and down* I'm doing good editing Inscription and it should be posted soon and I'm reeeeally excited and I just can't wait until I actually finish EDITING!!!!!!

Tune in next time for more hyperness. :P

Got YWS?

You wanna be a writer? You don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen.
— Paul Simon