z

Young Writers Society

Dreaming Deep?

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:49 pm
Dream Deep says...

... what, not eating them? o0

["... gonna wake up one morning and your ankle's gonna be missing, and Till'll be chowing down, I'm telling ya..."] ^_~

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:51 pm
Emerson says...

Hm. No. despite everyones insistence, I do not eat people. And you can't let off that quote, can you?

To make this less off topic: I'll eventually mail you chapter two and I probably won't print the rest >< that takes a lot of paper! but I'll work on finding some other way to edit and enjoy...
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

504 Reviews

Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:53 pm
Dream Deep says...

No, it truly is a perfect quote. Very well then, I'll settle for you [s]brutally[/s] mangling my story - no cannibalism involved. ^_~

Would you rather me send chapters to you as attachments, and you could just email them back, critted? Crit them as a Word Document, you know? Sort of a virtual mailing list...
Last edited by Dream Deep on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2058 Reviews

Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:57 pm
Emerson says...

Ah, if you sent the chapters [each chapter separately I'd hope?] as docs I'd at least be able to organize my file, but I prefer printing them because then I can be lazy and just note on them rather than typing >< it goes faster.

I should learn how to use the comment feature on Microsoft words...
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

504 Reviews

Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:00 am
Dream Deep says...

Comment feature's easy, if you like I can help you out with it sometime (that is, if you do need the help).

Yeah, I'd be more than glad to send them over one by one as chapters. Just ah, bear with me, time-wise. Nothing's going to happen tomorrow, in any event. o.0

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:32 am
Wiggy says...

Ooo, do you mean Piano Player? I'm definitely wanting to read this. :)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

504 Reviews

Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:05 pm
Dream Deep says...

Too many people, too little time...

Okay, so -

Dan, you get Chair and Piano Player chapters mailed to you...

Till, you get Chair and Piano Player chapters mailed to you...

Imp, you get Chair chapters emailed (or mailed) to you, whichever you'd prefer...

And Wiggy, you get Piano Player chapters emailed (or mailed) to you, whichever you prefer.

The rest of you noble souls get to wait 'til its posted. Doubtless you'll have the better read - less random trash and tighter writing, after les rédacteurs en chef deluxe finish with their [s]mangling[/s] suggestions.

Yeah.

Or something.

I should go write. o.o
Last edited by Dream Deep on Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2058 Reviews

Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:08 pm
Emerson says...

uhm.Wait.

If the Piano Player is getting tossed around, I want in on this as well.

And you do realize how expensive it will be for you to randomly print and mail manuscripts to people? *shrugs* If you're going to waste money, waste money on me, too! XD

504 Reviews

Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:18 pm
Dream Deep says...

Oh for crying out loud. =P You people are relentless.

Very well then, you can have the Piano Player as well.

Till wrote:And you do realize how expensive it will be for you to randomly print and mail manuscripts to people? *shrugs* If you're going to waste money, waste money on me, too! XD

Oh, not too expensive. Besides, if I'm going to work, it's nice to have something to spend some of my paycheck on - terribly dishearenting to put it all in the checking account and just stare at it. ^_~

504 Reviews

Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:42 am
Dream Deep says...

[name],

Thank you for allowing Shimmer to consider "Letting Go," but I'm going to
pass on this one.

I didn't feel the story covered enough new ground; it's a tried and true
plot that you explored, and I longed for more twists.

Best of luck with this one elsewhere.

Elise

---

Well okay, I'm bummed. But still, at least I got an actual reply instead of a form letter. Life goes on. "Silence" needs written. The Chair needs finished. And on to Plan B...

2058 Reviews

Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:58 am
Emerson says...

Don't let it kill you ^_^

Just think of each rejection as one step closer to something amazing finally happening? Sure.

And yeah, at least it wasn't form. Perhaps they never do form? Of course it's nicer to think your work was so nice that they had to write you a personal letter ^.~

Your writing is amazing. It will just take a while for the rest of the world to admit the only reason they reject you is because deep down inside they wish they were as amazing as you were.

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:21 am
Prokaryote says...

Claudette wrote:Your writing is amazing. It will just take a while for the rest of the world to admit the only reason they reject you is because deep down inside they wish they were as amazing as you were.

Perhaps they rejected it for the reasons they stated...? ;)

I do agree with Clau on the "one step closer" part, though. :D

Prokaryote

504 Reviews

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:27 pm
Dream Deep says...

... I do agree with Prok that they rejected it for the reasons stated. ;)

But thanks, Till, very much. You, too, Shest. ^_^

504 Reviews

Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:15 pm
Dream Deep says...

Well. The plan. Brace yourself. It's not a very sensible plan.

The plan, mes cheris amis - feel free to correct me, Till, if my mastery of The Dreaded Tongue has gone further down the drain than I thought - is to have a draft of the Chair churned out by the end of October.

But wait!

It gets even better.

To ensure victory, I am going to set up a schedule to make sure I don't procrastinate my way into an early grave. But it gets better than even that. I am going to have my friends keep me in line with this. In other words, they get e-mailed / snail-mailed a certain amount of writing every week or every two weeks or whatever. No excuse. A certain page number or word count has to get sent, even if it's ungodly atrocious. So perhaps I can wrangle the Imp into being my reader? If she doesn't fall prey to too much mad-busyness, that is. Might even be able to Till's fine opinion as well. But I think I'm going to limit it to two, otherwise I'll go mad trying to sort out a whole list, haha.

But wait.

Better yet.

I have never met a deadline in the long, sad, history of literary deadlines.

So with any luck, this will be the first, oui?

NaNo decrees it. I will not spend another lovely November trying to figure out if Ian trusts Vieth or Jahan more.

One draft, that's all I want. Oh believe me, it can be pure drivel, but at least it's there, you know?

For that matter, I have never complete a manuscript draft... in the long, sad, history of manuscript drafts.

Cross your fingers for this one. Victor needs some attention. -.-
Last edited by Dream Deep on Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:17 pm
Snoink says...

Holy... this is awesome!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

What about the chicken, Jack?
— David Letterman