Caligula's Launderette says...

You rule.

Check it out.

topic28943.html

Ta,
Cal.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:32 am
Dream Deep says...

Imp: ... If not dead, the Chair in the very least has no pulse discernible. Nothing that can't be shocked back to life, eh? You will, of course, be the very first to have a neatly bound and signed copy, should I ever bribe a publishing house into accepting the poor thing. ^_^

On a semi-random note, and in light of Fand's previous topic on Umberto Eco, the title page of my copy of The Name of the Rose says, in all caps: "naturally, a manuscript". It was like Italian impishness sprung forth from the Middle Ages.

Cal: With more songs for Shan to dance to, how can I possibly go wrong?

:smt080
Last edited by Dream Deep on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:34 am
Snoink says...

Wait... does that mean you're sending it in for publication??? :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

504 Reviews

Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:36 am
Dream Deep says...

Haha. No, silly. You're too excitable.

^_^

Got to finish the thing first, yeah?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:43 am
Snoink says...

Do it! Now!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

504 Reviews

Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:45 am
Dream Deep says...

No! Hah!

:razz:

504 Reviews

Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:23 am
Dream Deep says...

An update of not-so-epic proportions. But an update nontheless.

. . .

Update -- October 20, 2008

Shan's being a twit and Viktor is simply too bloody plotless to write about at the moment. Not to mention that I'm long out of practice with this creation business. I've not written anything new [and substantial] for at least a year now, and what better way to overcome the drought than by throwing myself at a NaNo? Which is precisely what I'll be doing, come November 1.

The novel, by the way, is Mercy Street. It's been in the works for a long time, I've simply never had the time, patience or courage to write it. But I'm going for it, this year. What have I got to lose? If anything, I should make even better progress with this than I ever have with The Chair or The Piano Player. For all of its silent composting, this is a very new, very unbound, very forgiving project. Also, my standards are disgracefully lowered. I would be more than glad to throw random dictionary definitions at a page and simply see if they stick. ^_^

In other words: a new novel, from the dreamified corner. Look out for it, if you like? I could certainly use any and all feedback, after having been away from the proverbial desk for so long.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:08 am
Poor Imp says...

Oy, I'll be looking out for it. ^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:28 am
Emerson says...

mmm I have much anticipation in my breast, if you will. :P Although perhaps it would hav ebeen better to make this decision sooner to Oct 1 than Nov 1. Oh, well! I really am looking forward to it and would love to get a ramble about it. I wish you so much luck on making it to 50k and whatever word count satisfies the novel itself. I want something finished from Ma Bezka. Oh, and you know I put all my things online, dripping in NaNo goodness, you should consider it as well...daily up-dates and what! Hah and yes, what better to lower standards than none at all?

Again, I'm terribly looking forward to this.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

It's a dramatic situation almost every time you answer the phone—if you answer the phone.
— Matthew Weiner