z

Young Writers Society

Icarus

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:24 pm
ellasnotebook says...

I'm going to attempt to join LMS round IV? Ready to die but it should at least be fun. This story idea is very skeletal but it's the one I'm most passionate about at the moment.

Vague Synopsis Thingie

A duology (possibly trilogy) about a science fiction/fantasy world that is divided between two classes; the angel-like top-dwellers who live in the sky, and the poor working bottom-dwellers who live on the ground. Both of these are controlled by Mademoiselle, the empress of the two and a top-dweller. The first book is the story of Iris and Gen. Gen was a top-dweller who fell when she was a child and was adopted by Iris’s family. The two became close immediately and they grew up side by side learning how to craft the top-dweller’s treasured wing-like mechanisms. Years later, their father is killed at a strike in an act of police brutality, and the two girls have to flee. They decide to join the rebellion and strike back against the people that oppressed them and killed their father. There, Gen begins to discover more and more about her hidden past, while Iris falls head over heels for Damien, an ex-member of Mlle.'s police force who has joined the rebellion. What happens next? Who knows? (I sure know I don't!)

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:17 pm
ellasnotebook says...

Character Descriptions

Gen

Gen is a leader, a ray of sunshine, and the one who will take action when no one else will. She is fiercely independent, and has her own personal moral compass and set of goals. As she's stubborn and strong-willed, she won't usually listen to others and will instead use her own quick wit to handle situations. Of course, this would be fine if Gen was actually quick-witted. While she's not stupid and is even smarter than most, Gen is incredibly rash and doesn't think before making decisions. She's also a firecracker and has a vigilante mindset, so she often makes decisions on her own that are questionable at best. Gen makes friends easily, and is extremely loyal. She is quick to love and quick to hate. She's hilarious, and can joke around with almost anyone in any given situation.

Iris

Iris is quiet, clever, and artistic. She is wary around new people, only trusting those who prove themselves trustworthy. She is kind to all, but isn't necessarily the most open or friendly. When she loves, she loves hard, and is loyal to the very end. Iris has an eye for detail and is introspective. She's very passionate about the things she loves, and is extremely clever and thoughtful. Iris has a hard time dealing with emotions, and struggles to overcome them. She is fearful and anxious, and has a hard time opening herself up to others. There are times when Iris can be cold and calculating, and other times when she can be warm and heartfelt. Iris is selfless. Although she's not the best at comforting people, she's empathetic and will do whatever it takes to cheer someone up in her own quiet, but heartfelt way.

Damien

Damien is loud, outgoing, and genuine. He does everything with meaning, and cares about everyone. Damien is quick to smile and jumps at the chance to help people. He's compassionate and goofy (his jokes are all terrible, though). Beyond that, though, Damien can be surprisingly quiet and serious. He's very intuitive and understands how to comfort people. He's incredibly loyal and will fight for the things he loves. Damien struggles with anger issues and has trouble differentiating between his own personality and what was beat into his brain when he was an officer for Mlle.

Simone

Simone is the leader of the rebellion. She is incredibly confident, a firecracker, and very wise. She is somewhat motherly towards her little rebellion, but she's willing to sacrifice everything to win, including them.

Mlle.

The leader of Terra(bottom tier) and Paradise(top tier). Mlle. is very fanciful. She enjoys the luxuries of life. She's also a dangerous foe and is a killer politician and warrior. She is skilled at manipulation.

There are plenty more characters than this, these are the only ones that I could think of and that were relatively important. This list will probably grow and update as I write.

Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own.
— Chinese proverb