Young Writers Society

Wild Things' Honey (scrapped)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed May 23, 2018 3:53 am
View Likes
Corvid says...

help i need to delete this thread
Last edited by Corvid on Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 8 times in total.

641 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 641
Wed May 23, 2018 9:56 am
View Likes
Panikos says...

I love the bare bones of this idea, especially the fact that Aias is a half-siren. Can't wait to see how you develop it. Best of luck with it - I'm not a newbie to the site but this is my first LMS too, so we can all cheer each other on. :)
The backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done.

~Radical Face

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:54 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Two questions to get you thinking, if you don't already have answers to them!

1) Why will it put Aias in danger if people realize he's half-siren?

2) Why does Valentin need a fresh start? I know you mentioned he's a politician's son, so is it that he's ashamed of his mother's political actions? Do people hate him for what she does? Is he in physical danger?

5 Reviews

Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:14 am
View Likes
Corvid says...

@BlueAfrica
Thanks for the questions! I'd thought about answers to both of them before, but I hadn't fleshed them out in their entirety before you asked.

Spoiler! :
Sirens and half-sirens can hypnotize people to a degree with their voices, and there's basically a black market for their vocal chords.

Spoiler! :
Valentin's a trans man, and he's ashamed of/disgusted by his mother's political actions because her policies+actions are very unwelcoming towards that. He wants to get away from the hatred he faces, both from his mother and the people who blame him for her actions. I'm not sure if he's in physical danger, but it's definitely a possibility.
"yeet"
- albert einstein

5 Reviews

Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:19 am
View Likes
Corvid says...

I realized my language in the first was a bit misleading, so I edited Shiloh's character description a bit. They're not a 'monster hunter' anymore, just a 'bounty hunter'.

Spoiler! :
they still want Aias' vocal chords
"yeet"
- albert einstein

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:06 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Omg when you were like "they can hypnotize people with their voices" I was like, "right, yeah, people probably don't like that much" but THEN I got to "black market for their vocal chords" and, like. Whoa. Yikes. *clutches throat to make sure no one steals precious vocal chords*

641 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 641
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:39 pm
View Likes
Panikos says...

"Black market for their vocal chords" - now I'm EVEN MORE excited to read this story
The backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done.

~Radical Face

“Sorry about the blood in your mouth. I wish it was mine. I couldn't get the boy to kill me, but I wore his jacket for the longest time.”
— Richard Siken