z

Young Writers Society

Which novel should I tackle first?

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue May 06, 2014 12:26 am
Gardevite says...

Hello everyone! I'm experiencing a dilemma. I have two novel ideas bouncing around in my head, but I have no idea witch one I should go ahead witch first! I love them both equally! I hope y'all can help me decide! ^_^

The Love Club
Alice and Ella have lost everything in two different ways.

Alice's parents were killed in a freak road accident. She now has to live with her extended family on a small, populated island. A mysterious 'Love Club' at her school, designed to help students make friends easier through fun activities, won't stop pestering her about joining the club. And then her best-friend goes missing. And the 'Love Club' are to blame.

Ella's parents were killed, and her little brother was crippled, in a robbery gone wrong while they were visiting America. Ella developed and nurtured a hate for the existing world soon after. She then formed the 'Love Club'. Masquerading as a fun high-school club, the 'Love Club' is a boot-camp. It's main goal is to build a threatening enough army to back up her threats of biological warfare on the mainland. She seeks independence, so that she can build her own utopia. (oh and everyone on the island is totally in on it! ;) )

The two go head to head. One fighting for her friend's life and revenge, the other for her perfect world.

Soul-catcher
The world ended three months ago. Technically.

A worldwide chemical spill has left the world in ruins. And life is changing

Mandy has noticed something strange about her body. It's melting. She soon realises that she can mold her body like clay, and re-solidify it on command. But she isn't safe. Other people have mutated is stranger ways, and people who didn't mutate are hunting the 'freaks'. Mandy's fight for survival begins now; Her hunt for her kidnapped sister continues.
Formerly Hightop

Garde's Reviews

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue May 06, 2014 3:15 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

I have no idea how these highschoolers plan on building a new utopia or waging biological warfare; you'd assume that the government or someone would catch on. But that one sounds... interesting xD

The second one sounds like a pretty typical teen fic dystopian novel, but if you had strong characters and strong worldbuilding, I think you could swing it. I like the premise for that one better than the first one, so I'd definitely say to start trying to tackle the second one.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

110 Reviews

Tue May 06, 2014 6:19 pm
Gardevite says...

@TemporarilyShane With the first one, there would be a research center on the Island developing the weapons. Everyone on the island is completely following Ella. Hope that clears that up. :)

I'm thinking about combining the two. Have everyone on the island mutating, and that chemical would be the biological weapon. What do you think?
Formerly Hightop

Garde's Reviews

384 Reviews

Tue May 06, 2014 11:14 pm
eldEr says...

Ehhh, I personally wouldn't add mutants to the second one? Simply because you've already got a lot in the novel, and adding another massive twist like that could get really messy and really difficult really fast. It almost feels like too much, I guess? Biological warfare's already a pretty huge thing to tackle :P

I'm still curious as to how the government hasn't picked up on this yet. I can't imagine that they're in on it, if it's the mainland being attacked.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

110 Reviews

Tue May 06, 2014 11:37 pm
Gardevite says...

Hmm well I haven't thought about that. I think I could make the research center a government weapons research center. That way the government would never question the weapon's presence on the island. This is getting complicated I think I'll plan the novels out more thoroughly before I decide. ^_^
Formerly Hightop

Garde's Reviews

384 Reviews

Tue May 06, 2014 11:49 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

Thorough planning is always a good way to go!

It's kind of cheesy to give them a cover business, but there's one TV series called Heroes, and basically, there's a capital-C illegal company that experiments on humans/mutants/whatever, and their cover is a paper factory. You could go with something along those lines?

Good luck planning :)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Wed May 07, 2014 5:01 pm
OliveDreams says...

What happened to Mallinda!?
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

110 Reviews

Wed May 07, 2014 5:06 pm
View Likes
Gardevite says...

XD it's scrapped at the moment, Olive. I keep trying to find a story there, but at the most I can only make it a short story. :(
Formerly Hightop

Garde's Reviews

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Wed May 07, 2014 5:08 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

Ahh I will hold on to the love of Mallinda forever!
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Wed May 07, 2014 5:38 pm
Zontafer says...

The second one would be the hardest, but I'd go for it.
To be honest, the whole 'boy/girl has no parents' thing is so used up.
Good luck planning!

- Zontafer
"If you're going through hell, keep going."
- Winston Churchill

There’s always a story. It’s all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything’s got a story in it. Change the story, change the world.
— Terry Pratchett