z

Young Writers Society

[-_-] The Future of reading and writing [-_-]

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:08 am
dhyan says...

Hi guys, i was just wondering what the future would be like, especially in the areas of reading and writing?

Do you think present reading and writing will evolve? Do you think that one day technology will advance to such high peeks that reading and writing will no longer be necessary?

How do you see the future?
Writing to change myself.

That will change the world.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:13 pm
eldEr says...

Do you think present reading and writing will evolve? Do you think that one day technology will advance to such high peeks that reading and writing will no longer be necessary?

No. What do you do when you look at your smartphone? Make the passwords? Type in a url? Send texts or IMs? You write. You read. We still read for entertainment, and even in the case of movies and plays, you need someone to write the script, and the actors/actresses need to be able to read it. All of our social media revolves around reading and writing (blogs, text posts, captions, instructions for DYI projects, etc)

Writing will always be an art. I mean, it's survived a good ten thousand years, give or take, and it's a part of so many cultures, that it's really not possible for it to die out.

I can see it getting very screen-oriented, especially in 'richer' countries (like the USA, Canada, South Africa, China, etc). eReaders and laptops might replace pen and paper and most hard copy books (there will always be people who prefer the sentimental value of said hard copy books, but they may die out to the point where production stops, so it'll probably be a collector thing), but ultimately, no, reading and writing will never die out.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

You know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart? They're both ridiculous.
— The 12th Doctor